Arkavin Vaul

Started by Nazey, March 07, 2021, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nazey

Arkavin Vaul was a farmer's son from the Steadings - born to a devout family of the Triune, Arkavin found his faith wavering around the time of Nephezar's rise to power.  With the arrival of the Count and the perceived blasphemy of his title 'The Lord Returned', Arkavin found within himself a religious crisis and fell into self-imposed exile until he could discern a truer meaning and faith.

I set myself up with the following ideals, and I'm proud to say I made a great effort to stick to them, never returning to the Peerage Ward and operating entirely from the Ponds, and later from deeper rings.

QuoteNever to return to the Ward, until his faith is renewed. (No longer Fallen).
Never to associate or assist the traitors of Orza, Sunpurse, and loyalists of the Count.
Never to turn back on a word or ally.

He found allies and friends in many well-meaning outcasts and misfits, his world view was constantly challenged and adjusted, and while he tragically never found a deep ring oath to believe in (though I came REALLY tantalizingly close to one I wanted to take), he did figure out his beliefs before the end; putting stock in convictions and ideals rather than superstitious faith.

[hide]

[/hide]

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a great start to help - these gloves almost singlehandedly made the concept of an exile sustainable, and are also some of my favorite thematic loot that I've received

[hide]
[/hide]

And his wolf armor was the coolest aesthetic I've had on a character yet

[hide]

[/hide]

In the end he died in good company - fearlessly pursuing his desires, and perhaps doomed by his impulse.  His story had more to tell, but so do most, and that's just the nature of things.

See you on the next!

Karellen

Self-imposed exile was a pretty harsh character concept, and while it brought with it a kind of outsider feel, watching things happen from deep within the Rings, it made all the things we accomplished that much sweeter. Even though Arkavin was a pretty unassuming personality, traveling with him brought some serious gravitas to ringrunning, which certainly made for a great first-time ringrunning experience for me. I regret nothing, and I look forward to whatever you cook up next.

Mymerian

Quarterdragon

Arkavin was very cool.  I enjoyed the early days as we were both settling into our characters.  We ended up not seeing much of each other later on but made a strong impression in those first few encounters, and the chastisement later on stuck with Indali, too.