Discussion / Draft - EFU Server Rules

Started by Howlando, March 14, 2021, 01:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranger

Guidelines for best practices in PvP should be implemented somewhere visible. Yes, maybe the karma section, but perhaps also as direct advisements within the PvP rules. For example, it would be helpful to discuss optimal behavior as it pertains to PvP in the minutes after login and/or to pre-PvP interaction (one of the top complaints I observe is "wordless gank," after all).

Stranger

Although it's an unspoken understanding for experienced EFU players, newbies often won't understand that it is bad form to attack someone who has subdued you earlier in the day. Some kind of comment on this would be a good idea.

It might also be prudent to articulate EFU's expectation for villainous characters to act with a high degree of consideration, but that could go into the PvP Karma section.

Stranger

Sidestepping to avoid encumbrance penalties is probably basic enough to warrant a direct mention in the Exploits rule section.

So is unsummoning an arcane familiar to avoid experience loss.

I can think of a lot of other things that could happen or be discovered accidentally—not to mention the advanced stuff that seems to require calculated malice—but maybe it is better to leave those things unknown and unsaid.

Stranger

Nonviolent hostile actions like Cut Purse or throwing rotten fruit should be remarked upon somewhere in the PvP rule section.

The use of stealth to trespass into, spy on, and/or steal from private faction areas should be remarked upon somewhere in the PvP rule section; generally it's just a need for supervision, I think?

The mischief of waiting outside of quest areas to attack an exiting enemy party should be remarked upon somewhere in the PvP rule section.

The gray area of looting packs in a DM event—particularly during a permadeath DM event—should be remarked upon somewhere.

The presence of animal companions in civilized areas should be remarked upon somewhere.

crestfallen

LiAlH4

Pending team discussion on the details, versions of the above suggestions will be implemented, thank you!

Mushroom Mushroom

5.   Graphic depictions of torture are prohibited. Where extreme violence does occur, players must avoid detailed descriptions of harms inflicted.

I suggest this be reworded somewhat, as some scenes of this server (and certain Tchunite randoms) are psychologically quite disturbing

More along the lines of,

5. While EFU explores themes of darkness, torture, and psychological insanity from time to time, it is recommended that players pursuing these themes do not go into detail when inflicting this sort of behavior on others.

Mushroom Mushroom

iii.        Messenger NPCs should not be given messages that "roleplay" the NPC or would be reasonably considered as implausible (they deliver messages, they are not parrots or looking to make particularly controversial messages).

This should specifically mention the herald in the Burgage, as she shouldn't cry out anti-establishment against the Count, King, etc...