When to play?

Started by Jello!, March 18, 2021, 12:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jello!

Hey everyone, it's been a while.

So, since my quarter in school is almost over I'm going to start playing efu once more, but I need some advice.  So I wanted to ask: What is the minimum amount of playtime needed for a pc to stay relative?  I want to keep my focus on schooling, thus I'm trying to optimize my game time by figuring out the minimum hours I need to play weekly.

Thanks,
Jello!

Discreetmessenger

I have a blast playing pretty limited hours. Don't worry about it and get online! :D

parthenos

i ran the numbers, and my calculations are showing something at around 44-45 hours per week. you can shave the time off by foregoing rp walking. good luck

Vlaid

Around 8AM-5PM CST seems to be when the most people and DMs are active. Evening into late night for US is pretty dead.

Stranger

My playing time will be extremely limited until April. I get by, mostly because of my established inventory, but I am definitely "out of touch."

The advice Dillusionist once gave me is to try to do a quest every day. Take it slow. Take it steady. Build yourself up with care and patience. You should do fine if you can tackle that.

SamB123

Quote from: Stranger on March 19, 2021, 05:11:11 AM
try to do a quest every day. Take it slow. Take it steady. Build yourself up with care and patience.
This is my goal. I've learned that going hard every single day means burn out.

Howlando

Surely it is possible to play EFU by just logging in a character once a weekend or so.

-UnholyWon-

I tend to play three times a week, logging in an out throughout the days, and I believe I'm relatively active in other people's stories and some server plots.

But sometimes I play once a week for a few hours and that is enough.
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.