Frank Bigby, the Fat Goose, the Pumpkin Knight, the Scythe of Fate, Farmer

Started by Damien, March 20, 2021, 11:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien

Amusing, albeit simple concept. The whole idea was he was a superstitious man of the rings who was originally a militia man for one of the wars against the Sibilants (queue reason for man-at-arms perk), who then tried to retire to his farm before being displaced and his family killed by the ghyl. Saved a few times throughout his life from monsters on his farm from pumpkin men in the night, and guided by Nurser (Shroom), he believed hard labour and faith in Yevethax was what kept people fed.

The idea originally was to try take over the ponds with Nurser, after beating Haremarch, and battle people/retainers of renown, hoping to win and take their potent blood to feed the willow to save the Steadings, alas as we all know that went horribly and we were exiled, which began the redemption arc, culminating in an insane death march, being let go, while all his friends died, then slowly killing everyone involved in the Giovanni battle.

Ultimately he had no reason to stay once the Steadings were safe, especially with Nurser dead, so he retired back to his farm.

Now for some screenies;

Giovanni, the man, the myth

Dealing with unsavoury characters

Bringing war to the Ghyl

Schooling EQ

Foreshadowing

Moar crits

Retirement

Fear me friendlymen

Disorder

Typical not-so-smart ring lad. But he stood for something, which is good.
No tears, but was nice playing along.

Draugir

Frank becoming one of the most feared duelists in the peerage and then just retiring to go back to farming when the steadings were saved, were probably one of the best conclusions for a character arc I've seen on EFU

SamB123

I liked how Frank stood for Yevethax. One of the few characters who dared worship something other than the Triune.

Loops

But you were the biggest friendlymen

Nice ending good job

Looking forward to seeing the chaos of your next

Knight Of Pentacles

Random_White_Guy

Encountering Frank at his peak while a scrub low level squire paladin was a great story dynamic.

So many PCs were howling for his pursuit but in reality he wasn't really all that evil. More like a once Great Henchman who became this really sad dude trying to murder people involved in murdering his evil friends, or die on the bridge in the process of many, many duels.

Getting berated by him for losing to Jasper, Getting dueling tips from him, to retaking the Steadings and having him showing up in the aftermath all thankful and returning to his farm.

It was a very humanizing end.

And taking his Dueling Shield as a fun little memorial, in time it'll pass on to the next FRIENDLY MAN to come out fighting ha ha ho....
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

cmenden

I loved Frank!

But also, four titles? That's x4 as many titles as most PCs have!