The Minor House of Parias

Started by Random_White_Guy, March 24, 2021, 06:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

The Minor House of Parias

[hide=Background]Son of a Burgage Carpenter and Washerwoman, Percival Parias's father was brought on to aid in the restoration of House Glitt's Hall after the expulsion of Skudge. This lead to the boy at his formative ages of early adulthood inundated with the "Glitt Revival" and the restoration of the old, the building of something worth while, and a child around the construction site earning the laughs and praise of the Retainers and other Laborers as the seed of his dreams took root.

Squiring for Ser Smythe he eventually as he grew older, and his parents passed, found himself the high honor of acceptance into the Noble Fraternity of Old House Glitt. The same day he was subsequently robbed, and later he and his new friend Rhomos attacked by a Necromancer's skeletons. That evening he was inducted into the House of Glitt by Retainer Nadhac and began his journey from squire to True Knight and Paladin of the Peerage. The very next day he was called to duello by an evil cur of a bard of Orza, which he soundly lost, but in the aftermath some from the crowd saw his brave attempt at heroics and brought to him word of House Zheng's malicious dealings. And his journey began...

He sits now Knight of the Realm granted title by Lord Bernard Glitt named "The Virtuous". By holding True Title of the realm gifted by a Great Lord, as other Minor Houses falter, he is granted leave to raise a Minor House his own as Vassal House of Glitt.[/hide]

Taking a crack at the Peerage proper is something I've not done in quite some time and since the announcement of COR the idea of that legitimate growth of Feudalism from Rags to Riches is such an awesome character narrative. Returning from my exile playing a lot of rings PCs and refining my "Narrative storytelling", I'm thrilled to say things are going better than ever. Between the high tensions with evil PCs, the inter-house plotting with Orza/Velstra and to lesser degree Sunpurse, as well as the minor houses it's all been a rollercoaster and I feel like i've caught lightning in a bottle. There's definitely been some serious obstacles thrown with the mixture of Paladin code, old peerage traditional racism and refusal of affiliation with the affiliates of bandits and bastards.

It's been a very fun twisting journey and the time has come for things to shift to a level higher, so i'm opening public opportunity for Existing Non-Retainer PCs or other individuals interested in a new character to consider throwing their hat into the ring as Minor House Retainer.

I won't parse it. This is still an RwG concept. I've got big plans, some more permadeath events may be coming, and every day being killed by other PCs is a very real possibility. What I can promise which is rare is I've reached a stage in both the characterization and goals where I can pursue what I love most on EFU in trying to legitimately build something and push efforts of a PC faction, so there won't be any worry of flakiness or retirement or what have you on my end in that regard.

Take deep breath and step forward into the light,
Today there is work to be done.

Thanks to RPG for the surprise art after the sendings went out of the Knighthood

QuoteAlignment: Non Evil, Non Chaotic (Paladin who is very real about Peerage Decorum. Chaotic leaning PCs who are subtle or able to keep up a good public persona are welcome)
Class: Non Druid. Clerics must be of the Triune (Per again, Peerage Decorum)
Race: Human (You guessed it, Peerage Decorum)

And just because I can't emphasize this in hard enough terms a Paladin in EFU is hard enough, a Paladin in Politics of the Peerage Ward even moreso. We may all very well be absolutely murdered, however I am glad to welcome PvP and Non-PvP focused PCs alike as I personally feel a balance of both needed for a very real and fun EFU adventure
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Random_White_Guy

RwG's Big Ol' Bucket of Retainer Concepts:

- LN Wizard/Alchemist with Merlin-esque advisory vibes seeking to use a fledgling house's resources to rise to power and prominence without the "Nuisance" of Great House politics while serving as Vizier to the arthurian stand in.

- An LN Squire Fighter Perk eager to learn the ways of Knighthood from a Knight of the Realm, who while not as steadfast on paladinism eager to serve one bringing law back to the realm.

- An LG Squire Paladin of the Oath of Fealty eager to learn the ways of Knighthood from a Paladin of the Realm, who while not as steadfast on Knighthood eager to serve one bringing Virtue back to the Realm.

- A Bard to chronicle tales high and low of good deeds done and capturing the spirit of the Peerage of Old

- A LN Spymaster glad to see punishment for the dark deeds of House Zheng come to light and further investigations into accusations and more of the Ward

- An NG Cleric of the Lady tending mother theresa style the indigent of Little Ticker seeking to become Alderman

- An LG Crusading Cleric of the Lord here to kick ass, take names, and crusade in the name of House Parias seeking to join the Vestry and bring more prominence to the House

- A Sorcerer harnessing the power of the Higher Planes of Celstial battling against the forces of Infernalism raising a clandestine Cabal of Angel-Worshipers to combat the influence of the infamous Brimstone Lodge.

- A CN Rogue of Ticker Square who sees a fledgling political power as a meal ticket out of poverty and a chance to wheel and deal and help raise fortune and more for a rising figure in the Peerage.

- A Politically savvy Majordomo of any class to help me IC and OOC shoulder the burdens of countless political meetings and rigors of EFU business.

- A Mechanically Savvy "Man at Arms"  of any Martial style build to help orchestrate martial works (questoes, takes point on DM questos, etc) and serve as bodyguard for my janky ass always getting into trouble, and otherwise militant style efforts of a House to aid the Steadings and similar.

- A Huntsmaster of my own aiding in hunting to protect the Steadings, pursuing the Ghyl Plot further, combating Changelings, and otherwise in the pursuit of earning higher favor as my PC has a hardline stance against Changelings.

- A PvP focused Duelist of my own aiding in Duels against those beneath my station, Helping RP the training of my PC against other Knights and rivals of the Realm who may call him to task, and otherwise kickass Gladiator to fight in Tournaments on my behalf and likewise.

- An Alfred from Batman style Monk Butler/Valet/Father Figure who just absolutely wrecks faces but also makes a kickass cup of tea and helps my PC from the RP end of things dealing with the stresses of the job at hand.

- A "Questing Knight" style PC in the pursuit of earning high acclaim by organizing a grand expedition of a Ring Runner company not to reach the King but to reach in pursuit of some specific artifact or treasure to bring back to House Parias to raise them to higher prominence or fortune.

- A Cook PC who just makes some absolutely kickass EFU scripted food and helps with organizing food donation for the poor, feasts for the crew, or otherwise just some hella flavorful RP doing whatever in the Faction so long as you also are a Cook.

As always of course other ideas welcome, these just a few to get the vibe and idea going.

Random_White_Guy

Giving this the ol' Bumplestiltskin due to a rash of IC deaths and similar numbers have dropped and while efforts are being taken to recruit in game sometimes folks without concepts aren't in game.

Since the last post there's been one PC Faction overtaken in a non-hostile Coup, other PC factions pressured and persuaded, exiles and violence and more as House Parias works to bring itself from obscurity to a mover and shaker of the Peerage Ward.

At present our plots include

Hot Stove Immediate Plot:

- The Vestry and the Battle of the Bishops in an unusual and dramatic move after excommunication a religious feud with Glitt and Sunpurse teaming up ( ? ? ?), feuding between the Bishop of Promise and Bishop of the Lady has come to light and there's been IG already one assassination attempt and another life lost of a religious extremist being hanged.

Other plots cookin':

- Little Ticker and The Alderman Securing political envoy and independence for the denizens of Ticker Square, conflict with those who would prey upon them, and trying to bring some life to this otherwise overlooked area of Glitt Property. A small scale, PC driven 'Blade boom' underway as two individuals are presently pursuing control of Little Ticker.

- Letters of Marque and Peacekeeping similar to the pursuit of House Zheng, investigative efforts and bounty hunting opportunities available, bringing law and order to the streets of the peerage when conflict breaks out, and other lawful measures to ensure at least a veneer of peace and decorum is kept.

- Reconstruction of The Steadings PC efforts have been underway of mining and surveying of the Underweald, PCs involved in Quests in 95 and 94 under the auspices of "Protecting Lumber Shipments to the Steadings", and otherwise efforts to win over both the NPC and put some PCs with EFUSS skills to fun use in building something more substantial than the Steadings pre-Ghyl occupation.

These are the four main pursuits at present but as most people have guessed/assumed, there's some serious things on the horizon.

If you're bored and looking to get tapped immediately into a lightning rod of activity, feel free to reach out IG or on Discord.