DM Appreciation Day - Abala

Started by Howlando, October 23, 2023, 02:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doofus

Huhwuhhuh?

Karwelas

I rarely am impressed by people'swillpower and sheer will to make something better - but this is such case. It is something which without a doubt deserves respect. Thank you for your work.
Current character: Ealdred Emberheart, the burned hin.

zerotje

Tala

It's already been mentioned repeatedly here, but abala's level of polish in all of her areas and systems is unmatched. The last 5-10% of every feature is always the hardest and most bothersome, but she always goes for the 110%. Her systems for v6 are some of the best we've ever had, and the effort she placed in making them so user-friendly to players is very appreciated by all!

Pandip

I'm really grateful to be your friend and to have spent all these fond years playing elf game with you. <3

Vlaid

I am constantly impressed with how far and fast abala has come as a DM. The level of technical scripting, building and IG DMing she has brought to EFU is hard to truly appreciate. Nobody in EFU can match her raw enthusiasm and passion for the EFU project and it's not a stretch to say we may not have a Chapter 6 of EFU without her around.

Through calm times and hard headed disagreements abala has earned a great deal of respect for all her hard work and everything she's done in game to bring the game world from a backdrop, to a living, breathing place.

Xenoboskion

Where to even begin? I've had so many countless hours of fun RPing with you. Back when you were a player, you showed me how full of storytelling potential EfU is, how engaging and intriguing and challenging and meaningful and fun and silly and yet serious it can be, what powerful and compelling stories this place enables people to tell together. It's in large part what got me hooked on this server.

As a DM -- apart from consistently making me laugh with your insane NPCs -- more generally, you've in fact come up with created and run some of the most incredible, thrilling, moving, frightening, fascinating, spookily dark, delicate, intriguing stories I've come across anywhere. I've been repeatedly mindblown by this. And on top of this you've always made me feel included in that narrative process. You've allowed me and pushed me to involve myself in and develop these arcs, narratives and implications in a way that has been addictively challenging, which I want to believe has been deliberate, and has felt like an honour.

In fact, your DMing has challenged me to literally some of the most creative and imaginative and intellectually stimulating periods of my life in terms of writing. A lot of which, I have to frankly admit, was driven by a hope of entertaining you as much as your work did me. You have played a large part in keeping me coming back to EfU and engaging in the creative work which for me it is all about.

You are in, my book, an absolutely master storyteller -- and that is quite something. I very fondly think of you as a friend, as a comrade and as a creative collaborator. I owe you for so many hours, years! of fascinating and fun RP, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Thank you.

SN

Kiaring

You have made so many of my moments on the server pure joy. All I can say, is thank you.
Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral