Rhenaios the Torncloak

Started by Hierophant, April 12, 2021, 03:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hierophant

Rhenaios the Torncloak

There once was a boy, borne some twenty-seven candle-years ago, in a Refuge. A clandestine Refuge of pious and zeal men. Yet he was not raised in the upper court but the cellars of his demented father, rumoured and distant cousin of the High House Nephezar, and an entrusted Thaumaturge.

Obsessed with the upper planes and solidifying his 'pure bloodline', this boy's father experimented upon him and watched as fair and supple flesh made ashen in the smote of madness and dissection. The boy with the fearful face growing with resolve sat there and watched as his father's spark of genius knelt and stared with crimson smile; 'My boy, my boy, you'll fly among the skies as our finest stock! True in His image! You will fly, you will fly...Rhenaios.'

Woah! That was a bit of a run. Thank you for everyone who partook in the story of the Kings' Cowls, and I hope you all enjoyed us IG! We most definitely did with everyone we interacted with. Shout out to the Sunpurse guys SamB and Sara, Liahl and Howlando for helping steer us down another path after we had lost the Courthouse to Orza, which was our original plan and in my app. As well as Eris Hale/Kiaring for being an awesome rival. To Kaed and Zytum, Dabase and Domare for being really cool guys and coming along for the ride! Couldn't have done it without you, all excellent characters with really believable personalities. Was sad to see two of you die, a bit of Rhenaios died that day as well. See you guys on the next!

The app below;
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1INxwW0wELTUM9AOp7D_UMKACJC3WK-H6bg4nn-Xn--E/edit?usp=sharing

Aaaaand screenies;

The Dawn shall Break.

Sermon outside the Peerage.

We do not wander.

Burning the long dead of the Sobering Almshouse, stricken with disease.

Meeting with the Shade of Sunpurse.

Meeting with Lys Fenne.

Meeting with Ser Percival.

First showdown with the Atyiroff twins, after a fiery sermon decrying the Vestry- in the Vestry.

Rhenaios was beaten to the Courthouse by Malik of Orza. They dueled, and he lost. He was granted a kingly spear with the etchings of a monomyth- Ever Onward to the Light.

Shortly before their duel.

Eris Hale parleys with Rhenaios on the bridge, regarding his exile.

Dragonfire is remembered, yet the Lord shalt return...

Shortly before our attack on Bishop Alethea.

Background snippet.

Aaaand, the end- when Rhenaios decided to hope for an alliance with the Bulwark through aiding the Deeprock Clan find their lost Thane, only to realize they're retiring and I'm walking to my doom. Fuck yeah, lawful good crusader let's do this. Was a really cool event and a glorious battle, and a fantastic to go out with a bang because frankly, I lost my stride and I was beginning to feel the best impression would be the guy that started a movement, but did not finish it- for that's a task of the people he stirred with his actions and words. Heroes sacrifice themselves, such is life. I had a ton of fun! Cheers to the Deeprocks who let me help them, and sorry my alchemist barrel blew you guys up. </3

Rest of the screenies here.

zerotje

It was lovely to play in an underdog rebel faction. Really challenging, alot more fun than joining the winning side. The group and all the characters are/were really cool and had believable personalities.  I was definitely immersed more than I was before in CoR. Au revoir! My compliments.

whyemmdee

Sick PC from what little I saw of him.

Great job, heard a lot of good things.
tchundere

KaedweniKnight

Fantastic character, such a shame to see him go so soon. Rhenaios was peak

SamB123

I enjoyed the rivalry. Having a bit of opposition within the Ward itself for a bit was fun. It also allowed me to present Ilkav as he is, a morally dubious Retainer who thinks he "does whatever is necessary".

Kiaring

Amazing. The sermons were amazing. The parley was amazing. The attack and its aftermath were amazing - real feeling of self-sacrificial zealotry. It was one of the bravest things I've ever seen on EfU.
Current PC: Acolyte Itziyal Neniarral

Haer Dalis 83

Sarah123

Enjoyed the encounters and having the rivalry was fun. Well played!

Mymerian

Really good, as always. Sad to see him go. Looking forward to your next!

LiAlH4

Hierophant

Cheers guys, see you on the next. :)