Isaac's Lesser Missile Storm Scribing Costs/Level

Started by cmenden, April 20, 2021, 07:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmenden

This scroll seems to scribe at level 13 and costs 900 gp, which is pretty high!

It wouldn't even be so bad necessarily, except that the spell's effects cap out at level 10, so it ends up just costing a lot of extra gp for not much benefit

Ideally, it would just make a standard level 7 scroll like the rest and cost the same amount!

Aethereal

I always thought this was the case because it was deemed a more powerful spell scroll in comparison to others, offensively, so it was bumped up in price to  reflect that. I hadn't even considered that it might be a bug, but if it is working as intended you might consider taking this to the suggestions forum instead.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

cmenden

You could be right honestly, that it's only level 13 to artificially raise the price and not to raise the effects! Honestly, I have no idea, and I should check the wand price to see how much it's set for (more or same as another level 4 spell, basically)

Ser Shroom

Crafting a wand of ILMS at level 10 remains the most painful moment of my wizardly career. All that GP and XP ...

The higher caster level is good in that it helps you overcome spell resistance as well however and shouldn't be dismissed. I do not believe the cost is a bug or unintended.

Dredi

Honestly it comes down to if there is an entry for this spell at another level in the toolset.  If there isnt, there's not muchb that can be done.