For a few groats more...

Started by Random_White_Guy, May 06, 2021, 04:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

For a few groats more...

QuoteTo awaken in the City of Rings is a jarring thing as you're entangled in a fisherman's net coughing up fetid water. From where you came? Fragmented memories. Your god? Distant or silent. Your friends and allies? Non-existent. Your Future? Unknown. Puttering around The Peerage Ward you are hammered from all sides. A Non-human trying to get by? To Little Ticker with you. A Non-Human with pride? Off to the Ponds. If you're not prepared to sign your life away for a despotic landscape recently conquered? You flee. If you're not prepared to take up stance as rebel against an overwhelming force, considering you've just woken up and you have no stake in the place here. What else is there to do but survive?

It's not hard to find means of survival. You do what you do best. You risk your talents, and your future, for a tiny glimmering disk they call a Groat. It's a harsh life though. Untrusting, unforgiving, one mistake and you're dead. One sour job and you're used up and thrown aside. Take the wrong job and you're on the wrong side of history, ground to dust beneath the victors. Yet as one job leads to another, as reputation and resources grow, the stakes are raised. No longer hunting fringe cultists of twisted obrs in the sewers. No longer hunting  in seams. No longer hunting Orcs in the woods.

Those with desires and wealth want more. Need more. Demand more. As one Soldier of Fortune makes his way it has meant four individuals in Rings 99-93 desiring his services in Deeper Rings. Each having reached out with high promises and higher desires.  One seeking business in the 80s, one in the 70s, and one in the 60s. One seeking business even further... the City of Baz'eel.

Each one more or less having offered payment upfront. Each one offering a great deal of business and prosperity. Each one offering a future.

Those with desires and wealth want more. Need more. Demand more.

For a few groats more...

They can have it.

[hide]
For a few Groats more...

They can have it all.

[/hide]

Seeking Five PCS to join another PC who has hired me to go at the very least to Ring 70, with a few options and ample potential to go a lot further if interest is had. Other clients want other things.

Priority stops will be Ring 82 and Ring 70 if people are interested in shorter-term commitments and want to cut out at those places especially if you've never seen the Rings before and want to see what all the fuss and hype is about as people do Ring Running.

However individuals who are willing or eager to go for the long haul of trying to reach the famed City of Gold, Baz'eel will be welcome.

This won't be a rushed effort since they aren't time based contracts, so no "We must get deeper ASAP" spoilers please, and PCs who have never been Deep Ring Running will be given Priority positions.

Veteran Ring Runners who want to dip their toes into the pool again though are welcome to help play Sherpa for the Newer. It's a thoroughly enjoyable experience watching people react IC and OOC for the first time entering some Big Ring they've never seen.

Unlike my past endeavors, for those involved travel to and from the deep rings will be allowed, as this is just more a PC has actively hired my character IC to help them further rather than one of my bespoke nightmares of abandoning the server to do my own campaign.

But anything done with two PCs is more fun with a crew, so if you're interested feel free to reach out.

Alignment: Any
Class: Non-Paladin
Race:  Non-Monstrous
Timezone: Evening US. Preferably able to meet up 2-3 times a week at around 10 PM EST.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Random_White_Guy

As this is a classic "PC + Mercenary Hired" there's a GREAT DEAL of wiggle room for concepts, tropes, and whatever you're vibing at the moment. But since i'm a sucker for it, here's the ol' Concept PIle.

However one thing I like is the idea of just hopping on to hop off, so here's a few setting specific concepts

- A Retainer looking to flee the embarassment of public humiliation, vanishing into the rings for a few weeks for the storm to blow over

- A Pondsman who is wanted after robbing an Adventurer, fleeing into the Rings for a time to indulge in some new business

- A Mercenary who just wants to get paid like I did.

- A Bard who wants to travel with some hot, steamy, no strings attached 10 ring stand RP to ghost us as soon as we arrive to Ring 80

- A Ranger out to hunt big game without the woes of having to solve ring puzzles, offering to keep us well stocked in meat and game in exchange for traveling alongside us

- A Merchant Lord Rogue who wants to visit Baz'eel so throws his gold at us every chance he gets to move one ring further

- A restless refugee of Little Ticker who wants to see if the grass truly is greener on the other side, fleeing at last from Ring 99

- A woman who believes here cheating ex husband is in Ring 75 so she's gonna track him down and murder the Harlot who he shacked up with

- A man who is looking for his lost child believed to have been snatched away into Ring 81 by banditos

- A Gladiator who seeks to fight one man in every ring

- A Poet who writes a dope haiku about every ring we visit.

- A Chef who wants to travel from ring to ring to find the best cuisine in search of the Ultimate Noodle Recipe.

While these are just some spare ideas, please note this is gonna be some serious RP and I'm not looking for 5 Meme PCs.

There's just some potential for some less "Restrictive" RP since this is a monetary/objective based pursuit than some overarching group of people who aren't overly attached.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

cherrytop

I believe your character has met Reinys! This is something that I am OOCly interested in and that she would be receptive to IC.