Planar Prelude + Event combo

Started by whyemmdee, May 22, 2021, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyemmdee

QuoteDM Shout

Suddenly, scintillating light is maddeningly sucked inward unto itself somewhere above where Ticker Square once stood. The sky becomes crenulated, layered with kaleidoscopic colors that distort the passage of heaven.

For a few brief moments, the silhouette of a ship sailing across the sky can be seen: its planesick-speckled hull battered, broken, barely kept aloft. Colormottled, it steers a violent course deeper inwards.

A solitary hooded figure can be seen hurriedly crossing the deck, briefly scanning what passes for the city below. Before the ship nears the Ring Door, there's another sudden flash of colors beyond earthly spectrum.

The ship vanishes as violently and suddenly as it appeared, leaving little but grievously colored eyes and guts churning with planesickness in its wake. But those who know, know.

The Whipping Griffon rides again.

Strange notices, scorched by cosmic winds and sickening to touch and eye, can be found scattered across the more civilized Rings, seen to have been left behind by a hooded female figure.

QuoteSo far I have dipped my toes in only planar puddles, but come week's end I go to drown in  a million droplets: the enormity of sea. 

I go unto a place hitherto never traveled by mortal means, but the Whipping Griffon needs manning by the brave. I need a crew, again, to help me withstand whatever the worlds may throw at me.

Will you help?

Looking to do this either upcoming 29th or otherwise the following 5th, starting anywhere between 6-8PM GMT. Players can come along with existing characters(with usual rules applying) but those interested in rolling new characters may @ me on Discord for details about this prelude. Warning: dying as a prelude PC is permadeath.
tchundere

whyemmdee

Should happen on the 5th barring extenuating circumstances.

@ me on Discord if you're interested in the prelude.
tchundere

whyemmdee

Hopefully starting sometime around 8PM GMT.

Prelude should start an hour or two earlier.

Significant character and plot developments may happen as a result of what transpires during. It'll be quite cool, so my suggestion would be to be well-prepared for anything.
tchundere