Roderick Redmond, Rod the RED

Started by zerotje, June 06, 2021, 04:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerotje

Roderick Redmond (aka Rod the Red - which I always realised was a silly name...)  was an ex-circus strongman.
A warrior with a frail ego and wounded pride, easily angered by anyone that'd challenge his "good name".

My first level 10, after playing EfU for years...
Came all the way to Ring 64, furthest I've gotten.

Also my first character where I've won PvP a bunch of times...
Normally, I'm too shy or feel too bad PvPing others. With this character that was definitely thrown overboard as we took on the entire Ward from time to time.
And most of the time just House Orza or whichever Retainers were unlucky enough to run into us outside of a hub.

Blowing up the Vestry, having Sunpurse, Orza and NPC Rubies chase me down was incredible fun.
So were all of the YMD events I attended, the lore, module, style and roleplay are all topnotch where YMD's concerned.

The faction's been great also. Fighting each other over any piece of valueable loot after Quests.
The Championship duel between me and Akron, expending more Heal potions than I ever held in years combined.
And overall the player willingness to just "go" and "do" no matter how insane the idea or how much we'd risk our characters. That kind of YOLO was good fun.

In the end Rod was slain by Tchun's bare hands. That's a pretty badass death, slain by a God...

LOOT

Ectheledhel

Loved every minute of it. Even if our timezone issues made it hard to do stuff together. Great character.

Badcompany

Was one of my best customers  :)

SamB123

Ended up being one of my favorite barbarians.

Well done, sir!

One_With_Nature

Duna

I really enjoyed Rod.

First time I interacted with his character was right before Durange's circus, and that seemed all the more fitting considering he had claimed to be of a carnival himself- Boasting to be a stongman.

And true to his character, I had never witnessed Rod the Red shying from a fight or challenge. He seemed to be taking part in any and all challenges that presented, and showing just how willing he was when he mad-man charged through danger. Screaming at the top of his lungs, 'ROD. THE. RED!'

I would have enjoyed to get to know Rod a bit better in a future dealing, but it unexpectedly got cut short. Still, thanks for playing him!

You did a good.