Control of Little Ticker

Started by Doofus, June 07, 2021, 10:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doofus

Glitt is trying to find and seat a mayor, or other governing body in Little Ticker that agrees broadly with House Glitt's views. In answer to Velstra's similar muster of  rabble and attempts to cut out a portion of the Burgage.
This is mostly directed to PCs who don't fit in with the broader peerage atmosphere, and set up some conflict against certain other houses. House Glitt is very unlikely to support a Evil PC or group as warning. PM me on Disco or here if you want to set up a time to chat.
Huhwuhhuh?

Wyrmlance

There have been attempts to uplift Little Ticker before, but from the look of it, they did not get off the ground for a longer time.  The intent this time around would be to better recreate Ticker Square atmosphere within Little Ticker, with my character being a heavy believer in the founding values of Tickertown .

Just like last time, part of the intent in this would be to give non-humans a better place within the Peerage, and an alternative for characters that are more akin to commoners than Peerage socialites. There's room for entrepreneurs of all sort, mercenaries, careerists, and so on.

My character, Veit Sterling, has been declared as the mayor with the endorsement of Glitt, but I want this to be a collaborative effort. To that end, my character sees himself as more of a foreman and spokesperson. There's a lot of room for other people to try and push their own related agenda.

The current publicly outlined goals of my own character:

• Intent to shift the majority of peddling from Oakrest to Little Ticker
  • Investment into Blackjacks in order to turn them into a more trustworthy, and slightly less corrupt force within Little Ticker that will not simply balk at the sight of retainers
  • Bringing back the random NPC merchants of Ticker Square to Little Ticker
  • General improvement of the locale

... but the list will expand in detail as time goes on, and there are things that are obviously not spoken in whispers because the Houses might get upset.

In the long run, the goal would be to detach Little Ticker from Glitt and have it gain a level of independence along with political and financial power comparable if not greater than that of a House.

I am looking for players with all kinds of concepts that want to participate in political and financial shenanigans, as well as general tomfoolery. I'm not good at suggesting concepts for others, but there are tons that go, from merchants to Phanaxians, to Blackjacks, to aspiring guild masters, to bankers, to conmen, to people wanting to take over the Weeping Flagon, to any nonhumans, to muscle, and so on. Anything you think fits, probably fits.

There's the possibility of conflict with at least some of the great Houses, and the other fledgling PC faction, which I suggest you check out as well because it is cool.

As a final note, I have not tried to get factions off the ground in EFU before, so I cannot guarantee what comes out of this nor that my personal playstyle is fun for others. However, I do get invested in my own characters. Either way, if you do decide to get involved, what I guess I am trying to say is that I am not confident in my ability to create fun for pure henches, so make sure it is something you want to play and are excited for!

QuoteAlignment: Non-Lawful will most likely have an easier time. Blatant evil will probably not work out.
Races: Non-monstrous
Class: Non-druids

Thanks for the read. Feel free to poke me in Discord or IG.