Ruined Redwheat Manse

Started by Loops, June 05, 2021, 07:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loops

Hi!

With the destruction of Ticker Square, there's a dynamic to EFU: COR that I very much miss. That is the interactions between retainers and the working class. I had the idea of a very different kind of 'player faction' and I was interested to see who might like to try it out with me.

With the old Redwheat manse coming under ownership of House Velstra, there are opportunities for characters to use the space for a variety of tasks. I would love to take in characters from a variety of backgrounds who represent the bread and butter of the city, whether they are individuals or their own groups.

The hope is to present an environment where these characters can shine individually and together, whilst also providing interactions in a social hierarchy with House Velstra. These characters can take part in the push and pull of how both common folk and nobles rely on each other, presenting their own views on society and the Peerage. All the while, together we might be able to leave a lasting mark on the city.

Characters would get numerous benefits such as a stronghold to rest in, storage and support in their goals. This would represent the noblesse oblige, House Velstra providing a duty of care for the common folk that live and work in their territories.

If you are interested but are looking for inspiration for a new character, here are some examples.

• A construction crew who aspire to be the next Stonebuilders Guild, living and working in the property whilst it is being repaired and refurbished.
  • Footmen, maids, cooks or a butler who perhaps work only seasonally or part time to earn secure accommodation between their adventures.
  • Mercenaries or guards who secure the property in exchange for bed and board.
  • A character who has been evicted from their former home or has undergone a significant life change, and will work and stay here a little while before changing their life for the better.
  • Any manner of Burgage merchant or craftsman who does not have their own place to call home and wants significantly more storage and security than a boarding house.
  • An information broker or spy with connections to House Velstra but in the disguise of peasantry.

Your character will not have to join the Velstra association. This is intended to represent a feudal status quo so your character may be paying either a tax to stay in the property, or may perhaps get to stay and eat for free in exchange for labour in a variety of tasks. I'm very open and flexible about this so please don't hesitate to reach out to me in game or out to discuss it.

I know it's a strange one but it could be a lot of fun!

Loops

Hi!

Bumping this. We hosted a very cool and independent faction of mercenaries  who stirred the pot and made a lot of fun for everyone in the Peerage. Now they seem to be disbanded, I am looking to host another unique player faction or group of individuals!

It is an excellent opportunity to gain plot hooks and complex relationships all over the Peerage for any new group or PC. Joining the Velstra association is not required.

City Whisper
Fleta Blacke
'I say. This is Miss Fleta Blacke, courtier of Lord Norbert. I have returned after some time in grief. Mhm. Now, onto pressing matters.'

Fleta Blacke
'I am once again taking petitioners to reside in the old Redwheat estate. Prospective lodgers must be cleanly and of loyalty to the Peerage. Non-humans will be considered on a case by case basis, provided they can demonstrate they are of enterprising nature.'

Fleta Blacke
'Anyone who still resides in the Redwheat estate following Raymundo's late passing, and the disbanding of his men, should find me presently. Good day.'