Nadine Willowmien: Archivist, Alchemist, Ringrunner

Started by Dredi, June 27, 2021, 07:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredi

So I think its about time I close off this little chapter more formally and that means screenshots!

Nadine was originally conceived as a character in november 2020  and was originally intended to join House Glitt who were at the time recruiting. I wanted to play in a bit more of a supporting role to the stories of others while playing with the alchemy system - a system I've always really enjoyed - to make fun and fantastical things while generally trying to do good and help people, if only in rather minor ways. She was good to a fault but often rather cowardly, trying to make the world a better place a little bit at a time but rarely with any too significant impact - collecting donations for charity, booking and providing food for people in need and the like.

In her early days Nadine helped remove a curse from then-Castellan Leopold Sobol as well as a seperate and distinct curse upon one of the Glittsmen, which culminated in a patrol and uiltimately what Nadine would come to call "The Commons Incident" - an altercation with the Knaves in which, against overwhelming odds, The Knaves would succeed in driving off about 12 people with just the loss of Silvermask Stellian Orza in return. For this death the Knaves took the life of all 4 of the glittsmen present that day with the other hostages allowed to go free.

Following this Nadine entered a rather deep depression having seen many of her friends and - in her mind - would be colleagues slaughted like cattle inches from her face which would in turn cause her to make a decision she would later live, very much to regret - She accepted an invitation, among many others, to the domain of the pallid prince for a night of revelry. She didnt expect to survive and had hoped in many ways that she would at least go out helping someone or doing some good, instead she would be scarred deeply by the experience and cursed with the princes attention from then on, a point which in turn gave reason for her to develop a rather crippling fear of death.

Around this time the archives would be destroyed and ridding her of her tiny, insignificant job - though she would continue to wear the robes of this for many months to come.

This loss of connection to the 99th and the curse of the pallid prince would drive her kingsward, seeking both safety and refuge, but the means to free her from her bonds, she would eventually find at least one, but only after the death of many ringrunning colleagues. including most notably Huck and Cuibhne Nadhac, the latter of which was lost to interparty conflicts that had been enkindled by otherwordly creatures and beings. Cuibhne's death tore the group apart and once they finished the next leg of their journey and reached Baz'eel, Nadine would depart the group for good.

And it is there she now has retired - living in Baz'eel where it is safe and working as an alchemist and other scholarly pursuits while occasionally speaking with her former companions to get updated on the ongoing troubles from the outer rings though sometimes on a dark night when the moon is clear a pale lady may yet be seen in the 92nd ring, tears streaking down her face while the light of the moon shines through her - as though she wasn't really even there.

There are many bits that I'm missing because it was such a long ride so sorry if you've been missed in some of the more broads strokes. - With that being said, I'd like to thank the players of Caitlin, Boppi, Huckleberry and Vincent, Totenkinder, many of the Geirssons, Arkavin and Clifford, Angela, Drystan, Maeve and Naahmah, All of the Knaves (Whom Nadine tried to redeem in her own way on more than one occasion post unmasking!) Ser Percy, Rhiannon, Thorgred and Seirian as well as Everly, Agnes, Wednesday, Indali, Meredy and Cuibhne and of course Fentleberry who basically bankrolled Nadine's Alchemy (933 unique alchemy experiements completed without dying!). I'd also like to thank YMD and Abala for all the great stuff you ran that I got to be a part of.

I'm awful with screenshots but I made more of a concerted effort to take some this time around so I do have some to show but feel free to throw up your own if you care to share any you might have of her :)

Character Sheet: https://imgur.com/a/qyKQy3K

Screenshots! https://imgur.com/a/hb9FQrp

And of course, what you all want to see: DM Loot: https://imgur.com/a/54ZV8oI

(Sorry if the format isnt great, you may need to open the images in new tabs to view them properly)

Thanks everyone, see you when I decide to roll the next one :)

Disorder

Sad to see her go. She was the only one patient enough to tolerate Cait.

Paintman

I experienced her on many characters. She was nuanced as a character and I enjoyed her company IC and out.

cmenden

ty for the toga

(but no seriously, Nadine and Meredy had lots of fun, I'll miss our times together!)

Slithy Tove

You are a very good player, I loved Nadine and I always enjoyed RPing with you. Thanks for the good times!

Wyrmlance

The voice of reason in our group, who sadly was not listened to often enough, haha. I greatly enjoyed the special bond and shared secret between her and Huckleberry in the months following events of Pallid Palace, as well as the many hijinks that were had!

Rey

One of only a couple people that Meriam really looked up to. I think she earned her peaceful retirement.

Quarterdragon

I missed this post when you made it.  Congratulations on the peaceful retirement! We got up to so many crazy shenanigans in our run.  I wish it had gone a little differently, of course, but there's no denying the group was lively.