"That wizard" Morvoren Adair

Started by Cat, June 30, 2021, 07:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cat

Morvoren Adair is dead.

Morvoren started out as a naive diviner, the apprentice of Elabras, who was sent out with others in the Warrens to achieve the task of collecting all the pieces to open the Tower of Alledha. A native of the Warrens, Morvoren was never truly familiar with the world outside of the 93rd ring, and was eager to learn what she could. From the start, Lazarus was always at her side, helping to guide her and assisting in their shared goal. It was slow going at start, trying first to employ diplomatic means of finding what was sought after. It proved difficult, as the dwarves did not trust the wizards, and the Peerage mostly had yet to truly try to tangle themselves in it all.

When time was growing short with the attempt at stopping the Count's drill, Morvoren was approached by Orza to help them get the pieces for the house in order to place itself as the strongest house in the ward. To do this, she had to betray one of her fellow wizards. With that happening, she was able to enter deeper into the tower of Alledha, and what happened from there was the destruction of the 94th. Feeling some guilt from how that happened made her decide that she would be safer in the Peerage by giving oath to serve Orza. The fear of not having ties to something strong to help her and her order caused her to propose the idea of a marriage to Kristoff Orza, so that her Order would have Orza protection. To get that to happen, she was told by Anders and Kristoff that she would need to make Nicholas Velstra cry.  It felt like an impossible task to achieve, but she was determined to try her best to appease. An opportunity presented itself when Valentina Velstra climbed Oldspyre and proclaimed her distress to the world. Morvoren acted without thought, using her magic to cause Valentina to fall from the tower and die from it.

In the end, fate decided that her wishes weren't meant to be. The shock of the "betrayal" was too much for her, and even though she was spared and told to repent caused her to realize she could not live with all the guilt.

Thanks to everyone who I played with!

Here is an album of various screenshots I took:
https://imgur.com/a/hrmM84T

And this happened after she first joined Orza and asked for a marriage with Kristoff:

And finally, the loot:
[hide]

[/hide]

VanillaPudding

Great job sticking with it through the thick and thin! You did great in the prelude group and even more so in Orza while it lasted :)

Bearic

That Wizard who Killed Lady Velstra and got to meet a Horse named Kristoff after Blowing up a Ring.

SamB123

Achieved a lot in a short time. Well done!

Mushroom Mushroom

But... was it really all for a horse?

I am Mattermead Gold

And the unnamed witnesses to her deeds and the outcomes of her life's work... how will they judge her contributions to the Art, I wonder? Hm, hm, hm, hm, hm...

Though we didn't interact much, I thoroughly enjoyed the little intrigue we had going. A bit sad I didn't get to follow up on it (I was so looking forward to it), but that's life. It looks like quite a journey for the apprentice who woud determine the outcome of the Wizard Warrens  plot, but she also seemed to have some very personal motiviations for the (certainly by most estimates outrageous) things she did which is kudos to you, excellent characterisation!

Thanks for sharing the little summary in your obituary, I enjoyed reading it. And though her part in the play is over, I think Morvoren's contributions will tell their own story, in time. She certainly left an impact, one way or another!

P.S. Keep an eye out on for that announcement a certain golden wizard promised. ;)

Poolson

Chaotic Evil is an apt alignment for Morvoren. God bless her little head.

She was a wild child through and through. She rocked.

Wench

Cat, I love you, stay beautiful, you'll marry Kristoff one day  ;)
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

Cat