Hanbei - the relic eater

Started by Walrus Warwagon, August 15, 2021, 09:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walrus Warwagon

Not sure what to say. He has been a one long-playing character whom I hoped to play for much more. Had crazy goals.

He was a lucky character, when it comes to loot collection. Even won on the permadeath arena, twice.

Which is funny, because otherwise he kept losing, in both PvP and against possessed NPC. His point always has been in accepting a challenge and fighting stronger enemies.

He has fought like a gorilla in this final battle. Wasn't enough. In the end he has tried to recover Fang's body and retreated among the last, if not last. He has kept death and negative wards up at all time, but what got him was the fire. Of course after some shanks form the Inked Attendant.

Not sure when or if I'll gather enough grit for another character, I liked Hanbei too much. But I do not have screenshots of him, so if you do feel free to post.

I've managed to save his collection of loot before the pack was yanked:
[hide][/hide]

Zytum

Sorry to see Hanbei die like that. I very much enjoyed all the interactions I've had with him both whilst playing Torben and whilst playing Buonfiglio. <3 Much love and keep up the amazing work.

Walrus Warwagon

You know, if you has been curious about something related to Hanbei, you can just ask it here. If it's not a spoiler to current events I'll answer.

Loops

He was such a cool PC. You put so much heart and soul into things, even the Privateers, before they even began. I really hope you play with us again and I can't wait to discover what you create. Thank you for everything you did on EFU.

Strangeways

Why was Hanbei sick/corpse-like?

Why was he so fast?

He was a fun PC, sorry we didn't get to play more.

Bearic

Walrus Warwagon

Quote from: Strangeways on August 16, 2021, 01:11:00 AM
Why was Hanbei sick/corpse-like?

Why was he so fast?

He was a fun PC, sorry we didn't get to play more.

Fast because of being pure barbarian. I run him like "the warrior of instincts", and envisioned rage as some type of combat focus. You know, like cheetah going all out onl for these moments of pursuing the prey, and preserving the energy otherwise. Honest, feat taken great cleave also has helped with impression. Run fast, strike fast.

Pale because he's Deep Imaskari. Sick-like because he couldn't live with his underdeveloped organs, strictly speaking. What allowed him to exist is a symbiotic creature, a centipede from the Astral Plane.
These centipedes feed on carcasses of dead gods. Mages of Deep Imaskar, using an old knowledge from warring with gods, has put one into Hanbei's body. Which gave him ability to feed on divine essence to survive, thus - relic eating.

Hanbei isn't even his real name, he forgot it on awakening. It was given to him in the City.

Flagon

That is way more fucked up than I expected

Walrus Warwagon

Quote from: Flagon on August 16, 2021, 03:40:58 PM
That is way more fucked up than I expected
Actually, the best compliment I could receive! Thank you.