Ser Vladislav Orza, Manbearpig of Orza, Murderer, Servant of Ib'javi (?)

Started by Damien, March 18, 2020, 10:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien

Huge thanks to everyone involved, Akke and HB for awesome times, and to all players especially Peake, Maxwell, Acathos, Thunzi, Solveiga :(, my love MAIREAD GLITT and probably others I forget/ignore for now...

We shall start this is backstory and original views;

Vladislav was born to one of the less fortunate brothers of Grigori Orza. His father served as enforcer to Grigori and his Gutterknives. His father was a violent man, prone to spouts of drunken rage and violence, to the extent he once almost beat Vladislav to death. During carrying out of a contract, before Grigori became a Lord, Vladislav's father was killed. Little is known to those who were not there, but rumour has it the Gutterknives were hunting a group of bandits and changlings and were ambushed. His father and his company were soon tortured and killed, and the same would have befallen Vladislav if it were not for Grigori and his sons. Other rumours suggest Grigori used his brother as bait to lure out the changelings, but Vladislav ignores such rumours as slander. Since that day, two things have changed for Vladislav. Vladislav hates all things magical, and changelings especially, and secondly he considers his life indebted to Grigori and his sons. Only fit to leave service upon death.

Views

Sunpurse - A cursed house, no doubt plagued by some Changeling curse. Vladislav holds some pity for them in that regard, and as they are men of tradition and duty Vladlislav will work with them.
Nephezar - Fools and fairies. They worship of magic will bring them nothing but ruin. They are not to be trusted and their foul acts should be halted at any opportunity.
Velstra - These sacrilegious men and women should be exiled from the Ward. They consort with half-breeds and no doubt changelings. They are an embarrassment and should be challenged at every opportunity.
Glitt - An amusing house and of little concern. They will fall in line when Orza takes over the Ward.

Amusingly this changed quite a lot as you can imagine. Now, unfortunately I didn't take screenshots pre Vladislav raiding the shrine of 9 gods and the Ticker Square massacre. So to bring everyone up to speed, somewhere along the way he was killed fighting a balor and his soul was brought back and bound to Ib'javi..

REBIRTH - Post Ticker Square Massacre -

BLIGHTBRINGER

KNIGHTMAKER 1

KNIGHTMAKER 2

(Insert 1000hp bear fight)

KNIGHTMAKER 3

Slaughtering innocents for IBJAVI

(Insert pondscum massacre)

FINAL MARCH

FINAL MOMENTS AFTER THE REST HAVE FLED, MAJOR CHOKE

GROUP SHOT OF GLORY

GUDBUY

LOOT, OBV

Cat

I was so hyped to have us work together and for me to be your pocket wizard.

At least we went down together. :'(

Wakefield

A fantastic, influential character who had a ton going on all over the server. He was amazing, though I only ever got to see him from far away. Legendary. :D

Ironside

Disorder

The brutal thug, who knew what he wants, yet it was nice to play along.

I love cats

Glyph

Maxwell Artfall

Mentioned it to you in person in discord but I thought I'd make my appreciate for the character official. Great big bad guy character. Terror of the server and in so many different but overlapping IC ways a perfect villain for to my character. If Drusilla was the Skeletor to Maxwell's He-Man then Vladislav was the Draco Malfoy to Max's Harry Potter (Pretty fitting metaphor too).

What makes Vladislav a better villain than so many other terrifying powerfully built, well supported characters played by PvP competent players was his player. I don't know you exceptionally well OOC and due to very reasonable circumstances I didn't know Vlad as a person as much as a series of sendings, fights, and brief cinema scenes, but I know how you chose to play him during the many moments of victory or advantage where more pragmatic players would have cut conflicts short and been well justified IC to do so.

You as a player seperated Vlad from the ranks of good CoR villains and put him among the greatest as a narratively minded player who urged the same restraint from his allies that shaped the House Orza I saw under him into what everyone I spoke to agreed was the one they remember as the best. It's a mindset that isn't as common as I'd like, and even rarer among players who have the NWN skills to become a terrifying character, but the server is a far better place for having you playing here and CoR's history is a far more brutal, bad ass, and interesting place for having had Vlad. Well done, man, huge props.

Last Cold Tome

+1 to what Maxwell said.

Vlad set the benchmark for a how PC like this should be played. This is how it's done, people!

Our PCs stories became intertwined when Vlad rescued Drusilla from Maxwell, allowing her story to continue, deepen and become that much richer. *chef's kiss* I enjoyed our interactions very much, especially because people who didn't know Drusilla or Vlad very well might have expected PCs like them to not be able to get along. These low expectations were actually a source of strength for their relation, I think. The tenuous and circumstantial alliance that developed between Drusilla and Vladislav was a good example of the diplomatic philosophy that she applied in the Peerage: trust is impossible, reliability is necessary.

Abala