Author Topic: Daily briefing and Patrol log  (Read 475 times)

Random_White_Guy

• View Profile
on: September 19, 2021, 02:21:59 PM
Woke up and went to get some air after the late night business with House Velstra. One Winespill wanted me to beat a Halfling. Another wanted me to buy some contraband.

Lord Egbert had a request for slap-and-tickle with Gnomes or other subhumans.

Meeting due with Orza.

Local fishmonger trading me some Clams for my soup in exchange for some onions.

No new orders though so guess I'll go take a dive into the canal and collect the groats that little prick's tossing in.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

Random_White_Guy

• View Profile
on: September 21, 2021, 06:00:38 AM
Pay 200 gold they said. It's a shitty barracks but the Retainers won't give you as much hell if you just do as you're told, they said.

Cap has thrown me off the deep end and to chum the waters. Houses all now coming forward with offerings, seeing where the chips land on this business of Little Ticker. Having watched Ticker burn once before I ain't inclined to watch it do so again, but part of me wonders if Little Ticker is even meant to survive in this kind of place.

He's not wrong though that stability is needed, but in what form? The Elves talked about setting up a four person council to answer to the five person council of the Peerage. A Council that can't even agree on when to meet let alone how to enact changes, let alone changes for Subhumans.

The Count's Drill is pushing on and almost daily calls of violence are ringing out in the 92nd, Glitt's Baron claim's he is on his way back, Grinners are both cutting mercenary rug and now calling themselves Retainers, Lighthouse is bringing in more donations and trying to get Glumdrum's support. Wealdath's trying to make more inroads among the Elven people and carve some kind of enclave.

What a mess.

Still need to speak to Orza but they ain't known for their giving nature, Glitt is growing more and more and more vocal about the King, Sunpurse is dragging feet on even paying a thousand groat fine let alone divert their war funds, and Velstra's offering... Free Drinks and a Wedding, and Moonspear wants us all to become Retainers? Or join the Marchers? I don't know.

Cap hasn't steered me wrong yet, I trust'em, but this all sounds like a colossal mess, and well above my pay grade.

I haven't even been able to buy a decent guitar since none of these meetings are actually paying me. Maybe I can convince the Lighthouse to donate me some groat for one to keep my sanity.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip