The Passing of Diz-e

Started by Howlando, October 30, 2021, 08:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

I am very sorry to pass on the news that beloved player Diz-e has passed away unexpectedly in his sleep. He was with us from chapter 1 I believe, and was absolutely a cherished member of our community. He frequently played druids, necromancers, and all manner of exiles. His characterization and role-play was on point. I was always happy to see him in-game and participating in OOC discord channels or whatever else. I respected his sense of judgment and style a lot, and admired the way he approached EFU.

Above all else, I think we could really tell he was overall just a wonderful human being and we were lucky to have had him.

I know that a lot of players were really close to him and will really miss him and the important role he played in our community. I certainly will.

Lannister

Diz-e has been a long standing member of this community, so much so that he felt like a given part of EFU.

It truly hurts to hear about his passing.

He will be missed and all the antics of his characters which always brought life to some of the underappreciated parts of the server.

Scumlord Spiffy

Oh no. IJ was just talking to him a few days ago... :(

Paintman

It rattles me that they passed so abruptly and their loss is a deeply impactful one. They were incredibly encouraging of less popular factions in the time I played with them and brought life to the server in ways that were always extremely well done and thought out. I am thankful for the limited time that I got to experience them and it hurts to know that they are no longer here. I wish their family well in this terrible time.

TheCisco

I did not know Diz-e personally, but we did enjoy interacting with one another on our druids this chaper with Tiktika and Nelina Kelpsinger. We both talked, joked around, and enjoyed conversing ooc in discord and always looked forward to seeing them online. I only got to interact with them with Kelpsinger, but Diz-e made it most memorable and unique. My thoughts and condolences to their family.

They brought terror and storming rapids with Kelpsinger, but also brought calm waters with friends both in and out of game.

It breaks our hearts to hear of his passing, but at least now his seas are calm.

We'll miss you buddy...

(An in game pic I found of his character Kelpsinger, performing a funeral rite for a fallen student of the old ways with Tiktika and Elke)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/857402221633208351/877760294552748082/A_chanting.png

"Hoof and horn, hoof and horn.
Corn and grain, willow and rain
All that falls shall rise again
Hoof and horn hoof and horn
Hoof and horn hoof and horn
All that dies shall be reborn"

VanillaPudding

Very sad news. Diz-e was truly a pillar of this community for countless years and had the unique ability to bring value and consistency to whatever he was doing at the time. More importantly, he was a very kind person out of game as well and always treated everyone kindly and with respect. I wish the best for his family and friends.

IxTheSpeedy

Ugh, poor diz.  We rolled some long lived Druids together over the years. Just a solid human. Fun to chat with IG and out.

Jeez, I think I've played more PCs alongside diz-e than any other player over the years.

That makes me sad.

Thanks for letting us know.

Anonymous Lemur

They were a staple of efu for the longest time. It's strange and more than a little sad to imagine an efu without a diz-e wildling or necromancer in it.

Wench

Diz-e was over all a good, wholesome guy, who was a ray of sunlight on our community. 

His absence will be missed by many, and we were lucky to have him around.
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

SN

I honestly don't know what to say. This is so sudden. I spent countless hours with diz-e, both on efu and just chatting, sharing music and so forth.

It was always fascinating for me that a bloke who's been into some really heavy dark ambience at the same time was (seemed) always so positive and chirpy, always willing to help.

He was one of those constants in the community that we took for granted.

World became a little darker now.

TNDG

I didn't know them as well as many here, but they were a real stand up person from what I could tell. I have a lot of fond memories of our characters interacting, and a lot of fond memories of us just chatting on Discord. My heart goes out to the friends and family that they left behind. I'll end with a repurposed quote from a movie I know they were quite fond of.

"Diz-e was a good roleplayer, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved Neverwinter Nights... and roleplaying, and as a roleplayer he livened up the lives of many he came across, from Sanctuary to the Archipelago and... up to...City of Rings...Good night, sweet prince"

Stranger

diz-e was a very important part of my experiences across EFU:R; he mentored my first ever character on this server.

It is strange, chilling even, to realize that I'll never see him again.

I am deeply grateful that I was able to play with him one more time on our druids this year. May he rest.

Bouquet of Roses

I have a lot of fond memories from time spent playing with Diz-e. We never talked all that much OOC, but we made up for that with a bunch of IC.

This really came out of the blue, and it's sort of shocked my brain to a halt, so finding the words, or even just figuring out what to say, is a challenge.

I'll always remember Diz-e as an EFU-friend, that I had a lot in common with, and could pass many hours alongside, with conversation and RP, and being given a window into his plots and plans always felt like a blessing. Always ambitious, driven, even in the face of stark opposition.

I can only say I hope he was happy 'til the end.

derkot

Diz-e was helping me when I was first started to play efu in EFUR. Both IC and OOC and later we had many good and funny interactions on our different wild or less-wild characters.
When I think about players and community, I think what each person is an important tiny part of it, and longer person in the community - more impact and influence it may have. And I think or almost sure what players who were actively played with diz-e and interacting with their characters - took something from diz-e, for their personal ideas, concepts and life. So even with the passing of Diz-e, I am sure what small part of diz-e somewhere will linger in EFU, knowingly or unknown. That tiny part of the influence on a big efu and its players and dms. Diz-e was a good nwn-player and a nice person to speak with. I will miss diz-e.
Радостное одиночество.

efuincarnatereturns

Oh my god,  I am crushed..Diz-e was a real life friend of mine,  We used to go out  for drinks in Clearwater Fl when I was in town.  I had not heard from him in a month or so..my heart just broke. He was amazing,  caring, thoughtful, charitable  ..someone  I was honored to have met in NWN and become friends in RL and in our beloved game.   God Speed, Dize.   I will mourn you tonight and celebrate you forever.  One of a kind.   Never to be forgotten .

Thanks Howland for the notice..doubt I would of known any  other way, I moved to the other side of the country.

-efuincarnate