Author Topic: Reality: What's The Big Fucking Deal?  (Read 285 times)

SunrypeSlim

• Banned
  • im LTS
    • View Profile
on: November 03, 2021, 06:48:24 AM

Inauspicious though it may have been, the event of my death did have a marvelous effect on my ability to think clearly. As I hurdle hence into the spiraling maw of oblivion, I find myself with Nothing, but time to reflect upon the sum and sundry of my life's work. For though I had never been a man of great ambition or acclaim, nonetheless did I hold the reins to many moving carts: Philosopher, scientist, labourer, leader, and lover. It is for the foremost of these that my fluttering heart beats its last and clearest tribute, and may my eternal soul land on my ex-wife's foot in hell.

-

Reality: What's The Big Fucking Deal?
by Zaggins

-

Dedications:
This book is dedicated to Sani Ulster; DuRange'd, but not estranged from my thoughts.

-

Ours is a world of willful illusions. Our truth is constructed from imperfect understandings of indistinct senses.
Ours is a world of illusory wills. Our truths are revealed, by perfect clarity, to the prism of the soul.

-

It is widely accepted among the wise and learned that there is a connection between all matter, energies, and forces within observable existence. Conflict between cultures and societies often can be reduced to this: a disagreement about the nature of that connection, and how it informs 'righteous' action. Such a reduction does a disservice to greater historical and sociological discourse. However, the scope of this work must be constrained to the establishment of working definitions for the macrocosmic. From such a position, future discourse may be more rigorous and substantive as a result. The author considers this a worthwhile risk.

First: Imagine that all space, time, and narratives exist within a single point. The Point is arbitrarily small (or large), without externally-definable properties, besides that it exists. From any perspective, be you above or below, relative to the infinitessimal Point, you will gain no more information. To put it simply: you cannot observe the point. We will call this the Monad.

Second: Imagine that you are within a one-room cabin with a fire and a bed. You are warm, clean, healthy, and well-fed. You have friends who live in their own cabins. You practice a craft. In this hypothetical situation; you were born, you are living, and you will die. Any of these details might be the purpose that motivates your actions. Fear of going hungry will drive you to seek food. Love of your companions will drive you to seek their company. To put it simply: you can observe "the point" anywhere; from any perspective you like, except the external. We will call this Living.

Third: What we call Reality exists as a constant feedback between these two imaginary states. You are the Observer; your sensory, rational, and emotional perspective echoes 'outward' to the Observed. The Observed, in turn, reflects its true nature to your perspective, informing and changing it. This occurs an infinite number of times in each infinitely-small measure of time for every physical, rational, and emotive being within Reality. Every Thing is an Observer, or "Living". Everything is the Observed, or the "Monad".

From a singularity called Monad, we can imagine (and therefore create) a dichotomy of Observed and Observer. Monad and Living. Object and Process. There is no room for cause and effect. The relationship between Observer and Observed is called Understanding. It is not what you want or what you need; it is what is. Since it is a relationship, it is connected to emotions. For example: the realization of affections; or the moment of betrayal. Understanding can be a burdensome weight, but it is a temporary state: the Observer and the Observed change through their interaction, necessitating a new Understanding with every moment.

This supernal trinity of truths - the interaction of ideas, feelings, and the imperceivable singularity from which both descend into the material world - will be called Telos. The effect of these truths upon our imperfect perceptions and the paradoxically-incomplete process of existence inform the unique course of events to which has been attributed the misnomer Time. None of these states are compatible with mortal reckoning; attempts to ignore this historically result in madness. Rituals, Magick, and Asceticism are the more common paths for mortals to attempt to circumvent the natural sequence, to greater or lesser success.

However, it is important to remember that our entire physical, rational, and emotional worlds emanate from the interaction between the supernal truths, which are in turn informed by the infinite perspectives these truths have cast forth. All worlds, no matter how paradoxical it may seem at face value, have occurred, are occurring, and will occur simultaneously and instantly.

If your world appears dark, then shift your perspective to see a brighter one.

-

In summation:
The physical world (Ethos) is composed of matter and energies.
The rational world (Logos) is composed of thoughts and ideas.
The emotional world (Pathos) is composed of feelings and relationships.
The spiritual process (Telos) is where the other worlds are composed.
You are the Monad.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 08:38:28 AM by SunrypeSlim »
im LTS tho

SunrypeSlim

• Banned
  • im LTS
    • View Profile
on: November 03, 2021, 10:31:41 AM

Cast out from my mortal shell into the emptiness between states of being; Nothing, but web. While I inhabit an astral form which represents my immortal soul, itself only a psychosocial construct representing a deeper totality than the unprepared mind can fathom, I keep myself sane like a diver, releasing bits of breath at a time, keeps his lungs from burning. The major difference, of course, is that I only plunge ever deeper. Or is it an ascent? What is up and down in nowhere?

-

It's All Your Fault, and Other Essential Truths
by Zaggins

-

Dedications:
This book is dedicated to Loria the Witch; She who Gazed upon Totality and saw a Rainbow.

-

Isn't it so convenient when all your Gods want all the things you want? Examine the assumptions which lead you to presume that the universe observes hierarchy through the same perspective as you do. Above, below, before, after, within, and without: directions to or from positions which presuppose a material plane. In other words: Two is not above One unless you've already accepted an ascending order as your perspective. In a world where faith has a direct relationship with our experience of reality, this would seem to be an important understanding to come to.

There can be no purpose served by an individual approaching the Monad. The Monad is its own purpose by definition. This can make it seem that there is no purpose to ones own individual existence. In fact, each object serves its final cause merely by existing in relation to every other object. Furthermore, said object serves multiple other causes based on its original material, its designed form, and its prime mover. The most famous example being the stone: its material is its namesake, its form is smooth, and its mover is the skipper. Again, in a world where rationality under will can manipulate forces by manifold methods, this would seem to be an important understanding to come to.

In dreams begins responsibility, but in waking ends Balance. Balance is neither energy nor force; it is a process, exposed only in its effect on its constituent parts. The dominant in decline is Balance; the subservient in ascendance is Balance. There is no external imposition upon ones treatment of reality itself; there are only the consequences of the treatment of reality's inhabitants. To put it another way: We all can do whatever we want to do at all times. So can everyone else. There is no imperative outside the self; the illusions of such are merely the assertion of another's will upon yours.

Therefore: When I tell you that your material, rational, and emotional realities exist below the supernal trinity of emanations from the Monad, which experiences itself subjectively through the retrocausal feedback process called Telos, it is from the perspective of an ordinary mortal trying to conceive complexity. Again, that is an important distinction to make: your own perspective and conception may place you above, without, or before the Monad.

And I won't tell if you don't.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 10:41:07 AM by SunrypeSlim »
im LTS tho

SunrypeSlim

• Banned
  • im LTS
    • View Profile

Nothing.

Everything is a reflection of Nothing.

The First Flame fed on its concentration. The Mists coalesced beyond its presence. The Four Winds rush forth from its passing. Toril herself is a vista from which the mindful philosopher may bear witness to the passing of Nothing into Everything; over the hills and far away; there and back again. With Dawn, another night falls; with Dusk, another knight rises.

That’s all well and good; but what does it MEAN?! “I am not a philosopher,” I hear you cry, “What use is any of this high-fallutin’ book-think to me?” Simple, my dear reader: Now that you have subjected yourself to the agony of ideas beyond mortal comprehension, every other concept should seem that much more approachable. Consider the problems you had in mind when you first discovered this text: wouldn’t you rather deal with those than attaining the Godhead?

No? You want to attain the Godhead? Ugh. You’re one of THOSE readers, huh?

-

The City Of Rings: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Bootstrap Paradoxes
by Zaggins

-

Dedications:
This book is dedicated to my fellow authors within the City who, at great risk, committed pen to page in the midst of a fraught and tenuous situation.

-

To the Quick Folk, our reality and our home are one and the same. From humble origins within a highly-contextual society, the vast majority of our people pursue intimacy and comfort as their reason for living. In some cases, however, the young and adventurous will instead feel what is called ‘wanderlust’; this feeling is said to drive future heroes out into the world that needs them. The truth is that some people are dicks, and wanderlust is code for “that person left because everyone thought they were a dick.” One does not need any special calling to be an adventurer; nor does one need to be boring to stay at home. The major determining factor is, as it is in all intelligent societies, a fundamental incompatibility between an individual’s nature and that of their community.

This is the beginning of the ascending order of balance, outlined in any Tarot decks’ Major Arcana. The moment when an individual separates from their place of comfort is called 0, The Fool, The Awoken, or Trailblazer Throrsur.

What is being described is neither one specific, historical event; nor is it intrinsically archetypal. The Dwarven Tarot illuminated by the Ancestor Tolinar Mistborne describes a journey undertaken for the sake of one’s community. A Trailblazer does not mesh with the common Faerunian Tarot which labels the same process as The Fool’s self-liberation from loneliness. Yet both will serve their respective functions when a user invokes the Tarot, even in the same position relative to their fellows. Why? Because the paths described in the Major Arcana exist regardless of those that walk them. These are the paths of least resistance; the flow of water, wind, and sand reveals this essential truth.

Subsequent Major Arcana give names to powers attained through paths which, when aligned from the zero point to the twenty-first, follow logically from one to another. The Fool who departs from home becomes apprentice to The Magician, whose experiments inform the faith of the High Priestess, whose faith operates under the whim of The Emperor, whose whims are tempered by The Empress, and so on. Vacillating between masculine and feminine forms, these processes are necessarily divorced from any specific Being. Instead, they are fundamental to Becoming.

So far, so good. The Major Arcana reflect sequential paths to be followed by individuals. Where do these paths begin and end? Let’s consider the models of reality espoused in my previous two books: beneath the supernal triad of the Monad, its Observation called Wisdom, and its Understanding, we have the sum of sapient reason and emotions. These, in turn, find their firmament only in the material, represented by the earth beneath our feet. Therefore: the foundation of our model is in the layering of four worlds. Whether ascending from mortal reckoning or descending from a divine spark, your journey will pass not one border but several.

Emanations from Wisdom are aligned with the intent of need. Emanations from Understanding are aligned with the intent of want. Emanations directly from the Monad will be ever-more-obscured images of the Paragon of Self to which you aspire. So:

Consider the Monad as the flame upon a candle, or the sunrise over a horizon; a world (Telos) within itself, one of infinite possibility.

Consider the dawn’s revelation of what will be (Wisdom), and the shadow cast on the other side of the hill (Understanding) as Its necessary consequence; together, they form a passionate world (Pathos) of contrasts.

Consider the sum of mortal and divine imaginings (Yondalla’s Children; the Golden Hills Upon Green Fields), diverse in their array of mercies and cruelties; each and every one comprehended in the internal, rational world (Logos) of logic.

Beneath them all will you find the material plane (Ethos) upon which your feet are planted; Toril. In this world, nobody cares how many words you can say about Gods and stuff. Earn your keep, and don’t piss off powerful people. If you have time to read this fucking book, you have time to work. Dick.

The Fool is aligned between the Monad and its Wisdom; the realization of individuality. The Magician is the consequence of surviving this path, and descends from the Monad directly to Understanding. The High Priestess represents the wielding of power with intent, descending directly to the peaks of the first Golden Hill called Yondalla. Finally, The Emperor is aligned horizontally from Wisdom to Understanding, representing the consequence of influential power.

Between the supernal worlds and the rational world lies a vast gulf called Knowledge, which is where the False and Faithless inevitably wind up. It serves dual purpose as a metaphor for humility and an inelegant solution to the asymmetry of a model without it.

The Major Arcana continue their path of emanation from Wisdom to Yondalla, but you want the Godhead. I know you do. In that case, the path instead descends across the emanation of the Monad. It crosses from the want of Understanding to the mightiest of mortal needs: Love, symbolized by Sheela Peryroyl. Her wisdom guides you across the Balance again, to the severity of the Quick Folk embodied by Arvoreen the Protector. His is the Strength to protect that which you Love. A student of both paths is able to maintain all they survey from the Shining Hill called Yondalla, who is the divine wheat-golden emanation of the Monad to the Hin. As generations pass in contentment, age and illness will return the worldweary Halfling to his final rest under the watch of the Hound, Urogalan; like Peryroyl, an office of vital need. And in this way will the community thrive and become splendorous, living in awe of the fruits of its desires, and Baravar who acquired them. Families and friends will meet in their warm homes, embodying the hospitality of our ideal selves called Cyrrolalee. Finally, finally, there is your own mortal self, embodying all that I have described until now and everything that I have not: physical, alive, thinking, and capable of anything.

Look out from your dream of home, and see the peaks of these distant hills for yourself. That is the path to the Godhead. There are no shortcuts: your must drive like a demon from station to station. There is nothing inevitable but your own Will, be it weak or mighty. The manifold arrangements of these archetypes and processes is a Great Work that you must undertake yourself.

And once you are finished with that Great Work, come back and tell me what it does.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 05:50:40 AM by SunrypeSlim »
im LTS tho