Tsurugi Chiba, The Count's Mightiest Mortal Servant!

Started by Flagon, November 29, 2021, 05:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flagon

[hide][/hide]

So ends the Journey of the Kama Monk who feared absolutely nothing. This character was, originally, a sort of insane meme version of Sonny Chiba. From the beginning, people were like "Hoho Kama monk that's pretty memey!". The AB was terrible, but that's fine!

That went out of the window after a bit. Suddenly he was involved in assassination plots, fought people, became enemies with Paladins, a death duel, Aatish... I did have a very specific goal for him, which was making Ruby. I tried to pursue as many crazy goals as possible in order to make that a reality.

He kind of developed into a callous man, with little concern for morality as long as it advanced his own strength and that of the Count. He was Crabbe's physical foil, and Diablo certainly helped me get the character to a place where I felt like he /mattered/. Then Giselle joined, and we had a little trinity of psychos. Then Elena showed up, and we [REDACTED].

Easily my most fun run with a character. Special thanks to Bearic for all the help in developing Chiba both flavor-wise and mechanically. Wouldn't have lasted even a /minute/ without that stance.

Chiba appreciated Aaron a whole lot, with his weirdly cynical view of reality. The letters between them are quite fun.

There's too many characters I played with that were super fucking fun to be around. And all of you were so encouraging. It was great.

And now... SCREENSHOTS.

[hide]

Encounters of the... Chiba kind?

Entering the main-stream

The drip

Meetings in chilly crypts...

A first encounter with Garth, the Velstran Paladin

The dreaded LIST being concocted

Greepmo, Chiba's Mightiest Disciple?

Chiba had a running gag about kicking orphans 7 feet in the Air. Greepmo, being both a Goblin and an Orphan, flew 14.

Chiba was not home for a very special visit, but Elena made sure to explain his whereabouts.

The description some people liked

My boy:

A nightly stroll:

Spanish commentary:

A sparring match on the Bridge:

The stance that made it all possible: 5/? DR, +2 STR, -10% movespeed.

In the council's chambers...

A blade broken...

Must be reforged.

And a one time ultra buffed Chiba:

[/hide]

See ya on the next!

Astra

Raise a glass to the Count's Mightiest Servant!

I didn't get many chances to interact with the guy, but the moments I did and the moments I saw him in action were so flavorful and good. Absolute chad of murder and mayhem...!

(also that description is what elevated him for me)

(legit it's a 10/10)

Really fun character who added to the server in my opinion, great job!  :)

Diabl0658

What started out as perhaps a comedic character ended up becoming one of Crabbe's most serious and loyal friends. Someone I always knew I can trust, moreso than anyone else. I watched your duel on my new PC, and I am sad to see you go, but I hope to meet your new PC soon!

LoveLess

Whatever you say he might have started out as, he became someone that stuck in the minds of others and made waves in the world. That's all it takes to make a PC great.

Legebril

Chiba was gr8.
I could feel his inner fire burning every time he was about to fight someone.  A true kick-ass guy :)

Looking forward to your next toon!

petey512

I knew he was a dangerous psychopath the moment he wrapped his fingers around poor Garth's dying face and squished his head into red paste with his brutal bare hands.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

SalveForThePeople

I always appreciated how Tsurugi was almost always good for a guaranteed laugh.

I also really appreciate you taking up the Season of Suiting stuff as that was a lot of fun to watch unfold.

Empress of Neon

A+. I regret not making him an arch-rival to have obscenely-ridiculous fist-fights with.  ;D