/c command for revealing to PC without breaking stealth

Started by merrychase, January 11, 2022, 07:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merrychase

Problem: When sneaking around with other PCs in areas with hostile monsters or hostile PCs frequently the cooperating sneaks need to awkwardly pause after transitions (or small breaks in line of sight) and try to make each others spot/listen checks or drop stealth to see one another.

There are of course some magical and OOC solutions to this problem, but even these can break stealth or cause hostile PCs you are stalking to become aware of the stealthed characters.

What I would like is a /c command that accepts the name of a PC and allows you to reveal yourself to that PC while still in stealth. Possibly the scripts used in the DM haunting tool could be repurposed for this.  It could be explained as hand and arm signals used between cooperating sneaks. It could force a whisper or text to emit from the stealthed PC so that it could be potentially exploited if you are in fact perceived by hostile PCs.

SunrypeSlim

PM me for an apology! :3

Dredi

While certainly good in theory, I dont.. actually think this is possible.

I may be wrong, there maybe something new with EE, but I am like 99% certain this simply isnt something that could be implimented.

Tala

I'm sure with enough hacking around it's possible, but stealth is already super good that I don't see a reason to make it better.