Celestina Wagglecraft, of Wagglecraft fame

Started by Don Nadie, January 17, 2022, 01:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Nadie

Celestina Wagglecraft, of Wagglecraft fame, was made because I was feeling sad and wanted to have a fun character, full of whimsy and good for a bit of evasion. In no small measure, she was also brought to life by the Christmas Loot, as I hoped to get a witch hat... (And I did! My one loot, yay! Thanks to Quartermaster for taking the time to make it!)

[hide][/hide]

The build was basically made on the run: a dip in druid and a main of wizard. I did soon come to regret it: while the flavor was great, the lack of level 5 spells and the extra feat was really, really painful. Live and learn! Still, druidism added a lot of cool stuff to her background and motivations, and allowed her to interact a little differently with the world around her... All of which I did enjoy! It's not all about reaching lvl 5 spellslots!

[hide][/hide]

Her basic inspirations were the gnome family from Baldur's Gate and the witch+matchmaker+ bossgirl Celestina, from the Spanish play of the same name. I wanted to have weird conversations with people about their love-life, insist on marrying youngsters and also be obsessed with the power of turnips. She would be pushy, unsubtle and generally weird, but also (and unlike her theatrical namesake) have good intentions and a lot of kindness... Which were not always understood that way.

[hide]

[/hide]

The only people she found unforgivable were necromancers, due to her attachment to the Willow in the Ponds. For a while, she did try to ambush Kross in the Drips, after he almost caught her in the alchemical laboratory! And eventually, she got him! My special thanks for Kross's player for making such a cool adversary for everyone!

[hide]

[/hide]

It was fun to come up with stories about her cousins, aunts and uncles. I had a little list of fun stories, not all of which I got to tell... Specially how she kiii—lost her fourth husband. I do hope others were entertained by my silliness and enjoyed crossing Celestina. I did find it fun. Sadly, I don't have screenshots of all the absolutely great conversations with many of you, players... Because I'm dumb! But do know that I enjoyed it!

[hide]

[/hide]

As for motivations, I wanted her to run the rings (I love ringrunning, and I might run again when I forget about things a little!). I decided Celestina would be ringrunning in search of a way back home and a cure for the first thing that welcomed her in the City: the Willow Tree.

[hide][/hide]

Ultimately, this would be her end. After having said goodbye to a few important people, preparing as much as she could and readying herself, Celestina was killed in dramatic fashion as she attempted to cross a deadly ring challenge. Perhaps they went too fast but, after losing a member, many of the Sojourners were feeling understandably impatient. And so, Celestina went the way so many wizards have gone before: trying to heal their tank and becoming surrounded by an endless barrage of very big enemies from whom there's no escape.

[hide]

[/hide]

Now, to wrap things up: thanks to all of the people that made her fun to play! On the Ponds side, all the dr00d crew (Tik, Aman, Felix, etc) and the assorted weirdoes and whackos (I'm thinking Liv and that messy ratboy in particular :P). On the Peerage side, my thanks to Sorcha and Ryden, who were the Peers Celestina got to trust and love. Jhorn, Artemis, Argalie, Walykos, Tris and many more were also a joy to adventure, negotiate or just spend time with... They gave me plenty of opportunity for whacky hijinks with an enjoyable dose of emotional drama. The same applies to the Sojourners, specially Hilde and Elric, who helped me RP moments of both tenderness and utter idiocy. The perfect combination, really.

[hide][/hide]

Last but not least, my thanks to all the hot singles that joined the matchmaking service, some of them even turning it into interesting parts of their character development. I hope the singles' ads I made brought you a smile. They certainly helped me.

Thank you all!

White_Ice

Celestina was wonderful and I'm glad for the brevity she brought to the server. Whether watching Celestina from near or far, it was always fun to see he putzing about.

SN

merrychase

Wench

Never got to encounter you IG, but your forum shenanigans really cracked me up! Thank you for bringing some laughs to my work day!  ;D
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

Gordan

Celestina may be the best char i ever saw in Efu, period, no joking

Everything from a small talk, a long one or just qwest with her was funny and i will miss her...

She was loved

Dredi

Arty used her as a reliable source of money. 10/10, would drain of cash again.

Cat

Legebril

-UnholyWon-

A wonderful character that truly cared for others. She was incredible! I really enjoyed you and Luna's brief interactions.
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.