Charm Person causes dominated enemies to attack allies flatfooted

Started by Diabl0658, January 09, 2022, 12:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diabl0658

Ive noticed alot that enemies that I have charmed will engage my allies during quests automatically despite still being blue. I am also told that when they do so my allies are flatfooted and dont auto engage. I have to constantly spam commands to get them to stop, and if I am doing something else they tend to just go wild and attack randomly.

Dredi

This is.. yeah.n Dominate effects will constantly fight with the AI, because the AI keeps getting aggro commands to KILL THAT GUY WHO DID 3 DAMAGE TO ME.

I dont think there is much you can do to stop it, so I'll give you my tips and tricks from playing Mesmeriser for a while.

First: Try and charm things which have not been damaged yet.
Things which havent been damaged yet will not have the same messages pulling them to attack one of your companions, this makes them easier to control.

Second: Once you have grabbed someone, pull them away from the frontline and issue the "Stand your ground"  command to it.
This will help a little bit in controlling it by getting the AI to ignore some of the automatic commands its receiving.

Thirdly: Position the creature so that it does NOT have any adjacent PC's to it - Typically either behind the frontline hitting their frontline, OR hunting down archers and other strays.

Once the creature is back in combat with something else, if it doesn't have another PC to aim at, it will generally be quite happy to carry on fighting whatever its already attacking and will not switch targets again easily.

Finally: Once other major targets are killed, expect your team to turn on and kill your charmed creature - Removing it prevents it from causing further damage to them.

The difficulty with charm and Domination is that since there is no "party" mechanics, the NPC is, even under charm, still technically hostile to the other PC's and so will a ctively seek them out and try to hurt them.