Author Topic: Kinsley Greylocke  (Read 194 times)

Stranger

• View Profile
on: January 13, 2022, 03:58:53 PM
Miss Greylocke,

Murder is artless. It is a failure, not a victory. It is a terrible thing that we can never take back. It leaves nothing behind but empty streets, desolate neighborhoods, and hearts full of regret.

If you think me responsible for all the deaths that might result from refusing to end a life, so too must I be responsible for everyone who would die if I did act. And people always do when we get blood on our hands. There will always be someone who wants revenge. A relative. An authority. A vigilante. An angry god. Some way, some how, there is always a reckoning. I've seen it happen hundreds of times to thousands of misguided souls.

I am not a pacifist. I am not a dreamer. Sometimes there are no good options, and sometimes emotion conquers sense.

But I do my best for as many people as I can.

And so should you.

A.V.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:13:20 PM by Stranger »

Kinsley G.

• View Profile
on: January 14, 2022, 02:49:50 PM
Adrian,

What I say next is with the kindness of two allies, but it will cut all the same. You preach to me easily, but I share your values (at least the ones you speak). It's easy for you to write this letter, to take the moral high ground, to think yourself the instructor and I the student, when you are speaking to me. Is it because you decided I am not a threat? Is that where you found your confidence?

You should spend your time morally correcting those that murder and threaten the people we are sworn to defend. When that unhinged monster used a corpse as a battering ram, you did nothing. In fact, I raised my weapon but watched you walk away wordless. Where was your strength of character then, Adrian? What good are your slick words, soothing reasons, and fancy titles if you will not act?

If I am honest with you, which I have always felt us to have the sort of lingering closeness that two honest companions always have, I am left believing only one thing about you, Adrian: You have lost your values in fear of consequence. I will say the same thing to you that I say to myself, in warm hope that it wakes you. If this is your best, then you should try harder.

Sometimes there are no good options, Adrian, but still we have to act. That is leadership.

Kinsley

Stranger

• View Profile
on: January 14, 2022, 05:15:59 PM
At the end of that fight, Kinsley, no one was left standing except myself and Sverri. Only one self-sacrificial Moonspear (who had rejected my protection and mercy) was dead on the ground; two other Moonspears survived the moment, and we stepped past them to rescue Ser Lyon and a dozen more so that they might survive the night.

I've had worse outcomes. Haven't you?

A.V.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 05:20:00 PM by Stranger »