Author Topic: Letter to Lady Belmore  (Read 154 times)

RogueKnight

• View Profile
on: January 13, 2022, 09:03:29 PM
Dear Lady Belmore,

Greetings, I am Retainer Luna Wintergard of House Velstra, and Iím writing to you after a dear friend made the suggestion that I try to do more to improve myself. Sadly when I joined House Velstra, I was going to learn the ways of being a Lady of a house from Rochelle, but due to the most unfortunate circumstances that befell her I was never able to begin my education. Itís probably unheard of for a Retainer seeking education in the more nuanced matters of House and Nobility etiquette from outside their house, but this is a dream of mine.

If we could schedule a time for us to meet, I would greatly appreciate it, and discuss if this is a possibility.

Please know, I grew up as a serf for House Velstra in the Steading Vineyards where my family worked until the Ghylherd burned nearly everything to the ground, and took my family away. We can discuss more in person whenever possible. I am currently acting as House Velstraís Merchant, and I am available any time at the Blacke Velvet.

Toodles,

Luna Wintergard 

Wench

• View Profile
on: January 14, 2022, 01:42:45 AM
Dearest Luna Wintergard,

It is such a pleasure to receive a letter in these dark days. It is not so often I get to dip into the ink and correspond by letter.

Firstly, what a terrible loss, the House Ghyll will pay dearly for their crimes against the Steadings, mark my words, as the Belmore guard grows, so too does the fear of the Ghylherd.

As for education, I do not know how to help you... I never got much of one living outside the Ward. All I learned was from dutiful reading and study of all my favorite adventurous and most romantic scripts.

I was never prepared to be the head of the House as it was not my place until my family was brutally murdered, very mysteriously, every single one of them dead. The killer never to be found, or even looked for, ever again. They are all dead.

Truth be told I have no clue how to communicate with the others of the Ward, let alone politic with one. They don't tend to like my sense of humor either....

No, no, I would be a terrible teacher for you, simply terrible.

HOWEVER.

I do know someone who may willing to teach you for the right price.

Yes, let us meet and perhaps I can help you with your.... Whatever your dreams are.

Truly,
Lady Sarah Belmore

Plain Text
  Dearest Luna Wintergard,

It is such a pleasure to receive a letter in these dark days. It is not so often I get to dip into the ink and correspond by letter.

Firstly, what a terrible loss, the House Ghyll will pay dearly for their crimes against the Steadings, mark my words, as the Belmore guard grows, so too does the fear of the Ghylherd.

As for education, I do not know how to help you... I never got much of one living outside the Ward. All I learned was from dutiful reading and study of all my favorite adventurous and most romantic scripts.

I was never prepared to be the head of the House as it was not my place until my family was brutally murdered, very mysteriously, every single one of them dead. The killer never to be found, or even looked for, ever again. They are all dead.

Truth be told I have no clue how to communicate with the others of the Ward, let alone politic with one. They don't tend to like my sense of humor either....

No, no, I would be a terrible teacher for you, simply terrible.

HOWEVER.

I do know someone who may willing to teach you for the right price.

Yes, let us meet and perhaps I can help you with your.... Whatever your dreams are.

Truly,
Lady Sarah Belmore

[close]
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

Affinity

• View Profile
on: January 14, 2022, 10:05:06 PM

LUNA WINTERGARD,

Lady Belmore has informed me that you wish to, in her words, "be like me". She alluded that you might pay for the service of tutelage. I am obligated out of command to at least send correspondence regarding this request.

If this is indeed your desire, my pride as her tutor demands that I attempt to dissuade you from this path. Even with my failing memory I am certain she is by far the worst student I have ever taken, and the thought of loosing another like her upon a future tutor or instructor would most assuredly quicken my descent into madness.

If you do not heed this warning and insist on walking this path, I will offer you tutelage in this knowledge for three thousand groat per session.

If I am mistaken in your intent relayed to me by Lady Belmore, I apologize and you can disregard this message. This is very likely.

Cordially,
PAVLINA ANASTAKI

Post script: I will deny writing this, and advise you to destroy this message upon receipt. Thank you.

RogueKnight

• View Profile
on: January 15, 2022, 02:51:33 PM
Miss Anastaki,

Recently I've become a merchant, and one thing I have learned is that if you want something sold make it so the person can't live without it. Quite frankly, Miss, you sound like the most miserable woman in all the rings, and if your that much of a failure and your self worth that little. Well, you should go and do what someone once told me, "Maybe you should find some self worth or do your community a service and climb into the nearest trash receptacle and close the lid."

Also pay you three thousand groats for a service you admittedly report as being a failure at is beyond ridiculous, and I thought I was the thief. 

No. no. I will seek tutelage somewhere else so you focus on whatever you do for Lady Belmore beyond being a burden to her purse. So yes, I guess I am heeding your warning, and being thoroughly dissuaded. The nobility of the feast are assuredly going to enjoy the gossip about how Pavlina Anastaki failed Lady Belmore.  Perhaps you can "dissuade" me from sharing this little tidbit of gossip amongst the feast goers of the Vale? Truly, I jest, and will show a bit of honor amongst us thieves... actually your more of a parasite if I really think about it.

In all seriousness have no worries, as I wish you no ill will, but thoroughly appreciate the laugh.

Toodles,

Luna Wintergard 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:53:30 PM by RogueKnight »

Affinity

• View Profile
on: January 15, 2022, 03:38:13 PM
The reply is left atop Sarah Belmore's bed within her estate, along with a brief memo set atop it:

My Lady Belmore,

I regret to inform you that my offer for tutelage was denied. This marks the successful resolution of your command to write to LUNA WINTERGARD about my rate to teach someone to "be like you" (Ref: pg.73 PA294 "Attempted good deeds")

I will continue to pursue other means to procure funding for your restoration efforts.

Yours in not so miserable, though perhaps parasitic service,
PAVLINA ANASTAKI