Author Topic: Sent to House Moonspear at the Dusk's Cradle  (Read 310 times)

White_Ice

• View Profile
on: February 12, 2022, 07:04:49 PM
To House Moonspear, Its Retainers, Its Members, its Leading Family, and Its Rightful and Righteous Lord Lyon Moonspear,

Here is recorded the Overture for Peace between the Houses of Moonspear and Orza as discussed by Ser Manfred Japes and Retainer Aldstan van der Meer.

While the Silver Marchers that have been relegated to the remains of the harbour in Ring 97 are considered a risk to places more populated and sensitive such as the Peerage Ward proper, House Orza does recognize that Lady Niobe Greywood (who has deeply moved Lord Kristoff Orza with her recent sermon) has vastly improved their condition and that redemption should be a viable path for nearly all mortal men and women.  As such, it was proposed that these Marchers (and any others that arrive in a similar state in the future) serve as part of the joint guard and garrison force that will protect the harbour while House Orza rebuilds the tower previously destroyed by a mad criminal and his recondite gnome accomplice.

Aside: House Orza recognizes that the engineers of House Moonspear have done an excellent job of repairing the damaged bridge of the Peerage Ward with both great quality and skill of craftsmanship and while their contributions to rebuilding the tower in the harbour is not required, it would be very welcome if offered.

For House Moonspear's contribution of protection to the tower's reconstruction, House Orza will recognize and support that these contributions qualify as and meet the requirement set in the Council of Peers meeting that required all Great Houses of the Ward to build one structure within the harbour.

Furthermore, let it be known that as an additional gift and act of goodwill, Ser Manfred Japes provided Retainer Aldstan van der Meer knowledge and sight upon a letter clarifying that the then Castle Moonspear was lawfully offered and given, by the then Lords of the Ward, to House Orza due to its then derelict state. A copy of this letter will be forwarded in the near future once it can be properly transcribed.

In closing, House Orza recognizes that its history with House Moonspear has been one fraught with conflict. Both Houses have lost many good men and women to one other. Mostly recently, the lives of Retainers Hannes Jansen, Luc Devereux, and even Ryden Blackmyre have been lost because of their loyalty and endeavors to their respective Houses. House Orza also recognizes, however, that such loyal and good men and women have a greater purpose than to throw their lives upon the weapons of one another: the continued defense and existence of the Peerage Ward. The history of House Orza and Moonspear has seen the blood of their members shed by one another in the past but going forward we all know that any further blood spilled should be shed as brothers and sisters in defense of the Ward.

Retainer Brie Cesmé on behalf of
Ser Manfred Japes on behalf of
Lord Anders Orza

White_Ice

• View Profile
on: February 13, 2022, 05:52:04 AM
As previously noted, below is a transcription of the letter Grigori Orza sent to the Lords of the Ring 99 which lead to then Castle Moonspear to be offered to House Orza.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was not born a killer nor did I ever purposefully intend to become one. I merely had that label applied to me due to circumstances perhaps not beyond my control, but certainly beyond my *choice*. Threats, after all, are useless if there is not a hint of promise to them should the ensuing demands not be followed.

I propose, you choose. This is the way my world worked.

At first it was merely your bread. I needed to spend my time finding shelter and not scrounging for food if I ever wanted to survive. You fed me and you did so well. In return I made sure you weren't bothered.

In time, as I grew older, I began to realize the ways not just of the streets, but of the people that walked them, too. I made friends, many friends, and soon I had to feed not just myself but those beside me as well.

When I began to ask for more, your groat, your jewels, you were more than happy to hand them over. You had plenty, I had none. We came to an understanding. I thrived.

Older still, I began to ask for your daughters, your wives, and even them you more than gladly gave up. Anything, anything you said, anything I'd want, if only I kept your peace and kept you safe. If only I kept the mob out and away.

But when I asked for your respect, when I asked for a seat at your table, you laughed in my face, spat at my feet. And I realized that you thought of me as part of the rabble, too.

And now I finally understand. I have come of age, a killer all grown up. And you're going to give me what I want.

I propose, you choose. This is the way your world is going to work from now on.

And I propose you give me that fucking castle.

- G. Orza
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It should be noted that there are some parallels in play here. Primarily, House Orza has proposed peace and House Moonspear is in position to choose to move forward with that proposal. To choose otherwise is to accept the status quo as is: the internecine conflict that will doom us all before the black sea of Nothing laps at the wall that separates Ring 99 from Ring 100.

Retainer Brie Cesmé

xeqtr

• View Profile
on: February 14, 2022, 04:30:56 AM
[ A pale letter sealed by azure wax, bearing the insignia of Moonspear's sigil would arrive to the Castle Moonspear in reply ]

S er Knight,

Certainly, peace is pleasurable and desirable-- if achievable! Fret not over those Marchers, we shall tend to our own by our own.

To satisfy my oath and my Liege-Lord Lyon's oath, and to keep true to honour, we shall accept this peace treaty on one condition:

That the Castle Moonspear be given back to its rightful owners, and that the portrait of Lord Theuderic Moonspear be returned to us.

Lord keep thee,
Aldstan van der Meer

Secutor

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
on: February 14, 2022, 05:02:12 AM
Retainer Orza and her many representees,

While I am uncertain of the contents of Van der Meer's letter, I will be clear regarding Lord Lyon's positions:

1) The former Silver Marchers, saved without self-thought by Venerable Niobe Greywood from the Nothing's coils, are not in the Lord's keeping—having abandoned his banner long ago to follow either the Prince's or Doran's. If you have possession of their miserable persons, you may do with them as you see fit.

2) House Moonspear will not be assisting in such failed enterprises as erecting a fallen tower in a sinking bay. The Petrathete will move to rebuild the Vestry under the purview of Houses Greywood and Belmore, after his work in the Cradle is complete. Doubtless, a more important task.

3) The legality of Grigori Orza's coup of the Castle is not in question, however in Lord Nephezar's absence it would be appropriate to request a formal accede from Lord Moonspear. In exchange for this indulgence, you will grant me access to the catacombs beneath the Castle—ingress and egress each via the main gate, most public, and allow the House to reclaim its heritage and property.

Dame Berthilda

Post-Script: Any who reference the afore mentioned catacombs as a Maidenvault is guilty of perpetuating slander, and will face me on the Bridge.

Lannister

• View Profile
on: February 14, 2022, 01:11:40 PM
It is a rare thing these days for Manfred to claim his mail, yet this letter finds its way to him and he ponders over it for a lengthy amount of time.