Can we get an update on current situation vibes?

Started by Damien, February 22, 2022, 06:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien

I'm completely out the loop so can we get like an overarching summary of the current situation regarding everything, as I've really no idea what is going on and the dm announcements didn't help much.

So to confirm, within the realm of nonspolier;
- The count is still drilling towards the king (?) - But everyone hates him now? Or is everyone pro king now? Why do we hate him exactly? Has it been established if he is connected to Nothing?
- Ojo the bloodmage has returned - Is bloodmagic okay ? Its not seen as taboo or anything, so we can all help him? Did anyone even explain why we are helping him?
- Sunpurse is closed (?) - Is the estate just shut while everything has a makeover or did phelan go do something?
- Sverri is the spirit of Arrenhius or w/e - Is this a new thing to peerage? Has it happened before? If its new are people generally for or against it? Is the spirit evil? Are we meant to know who he was?
- The Nothing is moving closer (?) - Is it? There's agents about so are we meant to think the Nothing is like growing closer?

Currently I'm largely ignoring most of the above because I'm really not sure how to act, so would be good to know.

Stranger

Quote from: Damien on February 22, 2022, 06:07:30 PM
- The count is still drilling towards the king (?) - But everyone hates him now? Or is everyone pro king now? Why do we hate him exactly? Has it been established if he is connected to Nothing?

Yes. Everyone hates him. Velstra and Glitt are pro-King. Orza and Moonspear are just anti-Count.

He is hated for being an evil, sadistic vampire who abused his supporters and enemies alike as fodder for his distant wars against the King.

It has been established that he is connected to the Nothing, but it is not fully understood why and how.

-- Ojo the bloodmage has returned - Is bloodmagic okay ? Its not seen as taboo or anything, so we can all help him? Did anyone even explain why we are helping him?

Blood magic is controversial. Nephezar existed in recent memory, but it's still savage and spooky and it was even when House Nephezar properly existed.

Ojo was released from the Count's dungeon to help destroy the Count. He is necessary for this purpose. He might also help against the Nothing.

Ojo is very powerful and the people who rioted in objection to the Peers (all five houses helped rescue Ojo) were ruthlessly crushed by his blood golem, which he animated from the body of a dead goat. Opposing Ojo is unlikely to be successful, but would be controversial.

- Sunpurse is closed (?) - Is the estate just shut while everything has a makeover or did phelan go do something?

The faction is closed. From what the DMs have said on the topic, the initial intention seems to have been a makeover, but that idea has been cast forever into development hell for various reasons (not the least of which is the  controversial prospect of "Peerage druids" as an extension of Phelan's themes).

-- Sverri is the spirit of Arrenhius or w/e - Is this a new thing to peerage? Has it happened before? If its new are people generally for or against it? Is the spirit evil? Are we meant to know who he was?

This is shrouded in great mystery. Supposedly, Arrhenius is the fated guide who will deliver us to our salvation, and his avatar is a thus a figure great importance in the Peerage, but many view him as mad or treacherous.

-- The Nothing is moving closer (?) - Is it? There's agents about so are we meant to think the Nothing is like growing closer?

The Nothing is extremely close. It is less than ten rings away. The Prince's Martyrs operate in a similar manner to the Knaves of 99, but are much more monstrous and are widely understood to be agents of the apocalypse.

Damien

Got it, cheers.

Follow on;
- Why are people helping Ojo then? Who said he would help them defeat the count? And why would knights etc think they'd ever need his help? Did all the Lords like agree they needed his help?
- Who said Arrhenius was our fated guide? Has the King said anything about him, or the Count?

Basically I am just trying to understand the line between what is factually true and what is like twisted words from pcs/npcs with agendas. So we don't have some reveal at the end where Sverri/Ojo take off their mask and it's the count underneath..

Electrohydra

Everything is twisted words by people with agendas, including Stranger's post above. Uncertainty is the point and trying to discover the truth the challenge.

Damien

You're missing the point of the post. It was to understand wtf has happened recently, because it's not greatly documented even though these were mass dm events....anyway I got my answers

Damien

Some is yeah, but there's a lot of why missing, and also general atmosphere regarding a lot of events.