Author Topic: Lady Luciana Orza  (Read 157 times)

White_Ice

• View Profile
on: February 22, 2022, 08:07:51 PM
Dear Lady Luciana Orza,

Is this a House? Or is this a Circus?

The House has the Mongrelwoods to clear. The House has a harbour to rebuild in 97. The House has a fortress in 92 to build. The House has a fleet to build. The House has prophecies to fulfill. The House has a Vampire to vanquish. The House has a Ward to defend from the Nothing.

I said a lot of words to Anders from the bottom of his steps but the words and questions in my mind were short and simple:

Anders' answer was even simpler: "I would rather rub Bernard's face in shit."

All the work that needs to be done lay in front of us but Anders and Manfred would rather run a circus and put on a show.

Manfred often spoke of respect. Demanded it in the most threatening of ways. But he was oblivious to how little he earned. Kinsley had fair, serious grievances but the response she and House Glitt got were neither fair nor serious. And, in turn, Manfred was so, so surprised to be forced to strip naked so the flat side of a sword could slap against his bare skin. I have never seen a man more insulted, more hurt, than when he was treated like the jape he was.

Manfred was oblivious to his own hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness. I hope you learn from what such things cost him. You do have good sense buried deep within you, I have seen it when you spoke in support of me before Anders. But I have also seen the cruelty and pettiness in you and I hope such is just the lingering remnants of youth. I did not know that you ordered the Oldflowers killed; I had honestly thought it was Manfred's idea. Yet, knowing the truth, I still hope you grow into the kind of person the Ward needs.

I had hoped to witness such for myself. You were the plan, from the very start, to continue the reshaping of Orza –from gutter knife to mercenary to House to something even greater. Such is why I came to you first before I came to the House.

Obviously, I grew tired of the Circus and I gave up. But, maybe–whether you never see me again or whether you manage to track me down and take my head–you will still fulfill the plan somehow.

Anders answered with the latter. I begrudgingly agreed. Prove Anders wrong. Prove me wrong.

I-Bowed-Thrice

Cat

• :screm:
    • View Profile
on: February 22, 2022, 09:21:49 PM
A note is returned to be given to hopefully where Brie is

The longer you hide, the harder it will be.