Author Topic: Kanno's Almanac  (Read 129 times)

SunrypeSlim

• Banned
  • im LTS
    • View Profile
on: March 08, 2022, 09:02:26 AM
I met a man who stepped between times. Anyone here would know him. I recovered his lost gold, and he repaid me with tea and conversation. It was pleasant.

I had forgotten the feeling of satisfaction in speaking  with others. Some men make their living from it. But actions are better than words.

Perhaps I would understand my Father better if I served, as he did. But I would embarrass such a Lord serving at a happy hearth. On the road was I raised, and in battle will I die.

But, lingering in this Weald will ensure that battle is pointless and small. I am not equal to the threats against this land, but others are. I have seen their valour.

There may be a way, after all. I will visit the good Ser tomorrow, with a gift.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 09:06:33 AM by SunrypeSlim »
im LTS tho

SunrypeSlim

• Banned
  • im LTS
    • View Profile
on: March 11, 2022, 10:49:46 PM
I should seek an apprenticeship beneath a worthy warrior, bound for the Kingward path. There is nothing left in these lands that will not be squabbled over. If there is to be honour in the Peerage, it will be brought there from without. In contemplation, I came to understand how one could mistake likeness for kinship. This is why I cannot accept Ser's offer. But neither will I align against the Cinquefoil Houses. No; it is my responsibility to know them as neighbours. I cannot serve as a Retainer; but, I can serve them as living beings, worthy of the benevolence afforded them beneath the Divine Authority. Whether Commons or Peers. As a yamabushi, I am free to treat them as equals.

Kanno's work is done. His vengeance wrought. But what of his name? If there is anything I want for myself, however selfishly, I would want to return this blade to the foot of the King. To reaffirm my Father's oaths of loyalty, and perhaps to offer my own. Not to a Lord, but to the King himself.

Fairer winds on the horizon. By moonlit night, in Peerless sight, will Tsukuyomi guide me. Riches and honours depend upon Heaven.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 10:57:49 PM by SunrypeSlim »
im LTS tho