Aldo Wenthur of Little Ticker

Started by Diabl0658, May 18, 2022, 01:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diabl0658

My first try at a melee class. I got the idea for Aldo when Loops was talking about the Hickory Avenger sword, and I got the idea of playing a paladin armed with a wooden sword. Oath of The Book seemed the perfect  choice, and thus Aldo Wenthur of Little Ticker was born.

A survivor and orphan of the destruction of Ticker, he reached adulthood and picked a sword and rusty armor out of the trash and set up a path to become a hero. A book within the library called to him, and he saved up his groats and purchased it, and upon reading it he was transformed.

He styled himself a champion of Little Ticker, standing up for paupers and peasants when he felt noone else would. Challenging retainers when they would step on smaller folk, standing up for truth and defending good men and women despite the intimidation, slander(?), a other pressures.

Things changed however with the arrival of The Anglers, and the publications of The Patriarch. Believing the two to be related, more and more hostility grew between them, with him seconding another paladin in a duel, Sophia Blackstone, which lead to her death. Angry, grieving, and not willing to quit, Aldo made the hard decision to join House Glitt. Historically a supporter of Little Ticker, but in recent times had been coming down hard on some of its residents, it was not an easy choice. The authority to fight evil, but to side with those would oppress some of his neighbours? In the end, he did choose House Glitt, and for it he was called traitor by the dwarves who once viewed him as a friend.

In the end, he won perhaps small victories in the great fight against The Patriarch, but also would perish in a death duel with an Orzan over the death of an Angler which he freely admitted he was responsible for.

[hide=Screenshots]

[/hide]

[hide=LOOT!]
Aldo had no loot
[/hide]

[hide=Mostly Lawful Good]

[/hide]

Juglar

Scitus

Daphne is angry! ANGRY!

but I am impressed. Good Job.

Random_White_Guy

It was a treat interacting with you with the thinly veiled contempt, the hostility, and at the same time the almost but never quite song and dance done.

Whenever we ran into you it was definitely an "Oh god is this it do we die" moment.

Aldo was tiny, head strong, optimistic, and yet perfectly captured the hardships of Oath in a society as broken and twisted as EFU.

Kickass job young squire, and sorry we never got to have our showdown after the reveal and outing.

[hide=If you open the box] Aldo related Screenshot <3[/hide]
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

merrychase

Definitely on the side of the angels.

Spinning the Wheel

A short sage and headstrong hero

Making Promises

Keeping Promises

Kinsley G.

crossed blades... you bastard! haha but seriously had fun playing with you! good pc

Lalena Steele

The first PC of yours that I was friends with and you go and get him killed..... Anyways., have screenshot.

Don Nadie

Runic

Aldo was a great friend. I'm sorry to see him go.

A little screenie of our brief time. When oaths were sworn, and heroes born.

The Old Hack

Aldo was great. Imogen liked and admired him. She was heartbroken when he died.

Rest in peace, paladin. You go to a better place. You will be missed.