More/free rooms to rent

Started by Ardal, June 02, 2022, 12:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardal

Hello, a request regarding always-taken-rent-rooms.

Could we have one of the options below implemented?
- additional floor of rooms in Minchin's added,
- rooms of inactive characters cleared,
- limitation to one room per character and certain ammount of days added for rotation (let's say you can't book for more that 10 days, so you have to come back every week to re-book).

The reason why all rooms are constantly taken is probably due to possibility to book for more that two weaks upfront and rates are fairly low, so most rooms are probably booked for a year or so already. Also, likely, some characters have more than one room for item storage.

Ziya

Quote from: Ardal on June 02, 2022, 12:39:53 PM
- limitation to one room per character and certain ammount of days added for rotation (let's say you can't book for more that 10 days, so you have to come back every week to re-book).

This is already true.

The limit is 1 room per character, and 14 days. Mrs Minchin will take your 100g and extend your rental period up to a maximum of 14 days.

Ardal

Quote from: Ziya on June 02, 2022, 01:24:50 PMMrs Minchin will take your 100g and extend your rental period up to a maximum of 14 days.
I can't find it now, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a screenshot of someone having more than a month rent. Could someone help with verifying this, please?

Ramc

2 weeks is the max. If you are at like 1 week 6 days and you buy another week for 100, it caps at 2 weeks. Maybe the screenshot was a different rentable I am unfamiliar with.

Ardal

So, apparently, there is not enough rooms in relation to number of active players. I am checking at least twice a day for 3 weeks now and can't get a room.

When asked on discord, I got a reply from some player that "obviously not everyone will have a room". I bet 10k gold that he has at least one room (maybe more) booked. That answer is obviously not a solution.

I would highly appreciate answer from DM team if there is anything that can be done in the matter.