Summon Storm / Ward Area

Started by VanillaPudding, June 06, 2022, 04:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanillaPudding

Self serving, but Ward area currently removes summon storm AND prevents it from being cast again.

This wouldn't normally be a problem but Ward Area wands drop ALL OVER the place, and the scrolls tend to drop in stacks of 10 as well.

I'd suggest that this counter either be removed, or that it only be able to cancel the current effect and not prevent future effects of Summon Storm.

Further, I'd suggest that the tons of ward area wands that drop be looked at. It seems like a lingering thing from the old days of Scrying / Arcane eye being overly powerful

Random_White_Guy

The drop rate is particularly amusing from hero drops, or maybe it's just quest spawns, or what? I wasn't sure.

That being said I think it could be cool to give Ward Area some changes if nothing else especially since for ONE circle IV spell you can block

- Scrying
- Teleport
- Summon Storm
- Unravel

And there's no real counter save "Time", at  "Duration: 10 minute/level"

So a level 6 PC fresh off the boat can drop an hour of it, but then a level 8/9/10 PC can give 90 minutes of irremovable, impenetrable kapow?
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Diabl0658

Perhaps make ward area vulnerable to area dispel like other things are? Assuming it isnt already.

merrychase

Good point, Ward Area is probably doing too much for a single spell.

As another alternative, consider having Ward Area unable to remove a previously conjured storm, but instead give this ability to another spell like Gust of Wind, or even Dismissal (I like that this also makes clerics rather than wizards better at countering a "divine" magic spell)