More weapons that work with weapon finesse

Started by Torrance, June 06, 2022, 11:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torrance

Hi,

I have no idea how hard it is to make changes of the sort so if it's a huge undertaking please just forget about it but I think it would be cool for more weapons to work with weapon finesse. I was mostly thinking about the following weapons :

Quarterstaff
Spear

Short spear
Longsword
Scimitar (Basically a slashing rapier)
Falchion (Maybe too good? But then you still have to get weapon finesse and end up doing less damage with it than just going strength)

Katana (2 feats required which seems it would make it pretty balanced)
Bastard Sword (2 feats required which seems it would make it pretty balanced but might not fit the finesse theme?)
Dire mace (2 feats required which seems it would make it pretty balanced but might not fit the finesse theme?)
Double axe (2 feats required which seems it would make it pretty balanced but might not fit the finesse theme?)
Two bladed sword (2 feats required which seems it would make it pretty balanced)

Thanks!

putrid_plum

Most of those weapons I disagree with but the one I do think could if possible would be the quarterstaff.

Paha

I can't remember but I feel there was more hassle and other matters there that caused problems for this in past. May be different story now and surely expertise has increased in all sort of options, as well as the parameters and tools available.

However, it was I believe hard coded to specific weapon sizes to some degree, rapier being exception. I recall testing this locally in distant past long ago, but at the time I didn't not have clean way to do it without messing with sizes and that caused other questions with size of characers and creatures using different weapons.

So, it just depends if some DM knows a good way, or in return finds time and grand motivations to research the matter deeper and see if currently is a good way to do it cleanly. So no promises. Maybe something can be done in future, maybe not.

Wench

Always wanted to see Quarterstaff and Short spear on the finesse list!  ;D
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

TsunamiWombat

Q-Staff would be flipping amazing, as would things like spear, club, etc. Unfortunate if impossible, but we can dare to dream

TsunamiWombat

From TORRANCE on EFU Main

QuoteTorrance: Hey look what I've found : NWN:EE. If set to 1 or higher, a creaturesize.2da size ID, it will be considered to be a finesse weapon. If the FEAT_FINESSE_WEAPON is taken then dexterity may be used for the attack roll instead of strength. This unhardcodes the feat.

Quote] Torrance: Also... people who are fans of weapon finesse on new weapons, it's apparently possible now : WeaponFinesseMinimumCreatureSize - If set to a creature size (see creaturesize.2da), that size (and higher) can finesse using that weapon unhardoding the Weapon Finesse feat. It previously was entirely hardcoded.

Torrance

Bumping this old suggestion of mine because I think having scimitars finessable in the new setting would be really cool thematically but I fully understand if it's too complicated or way down the priority list at this time.

Astra

I would love to see shortspear and qstaff as finesse weps now that we have Swashbuckler!

Bacon_Cheese_Burger

cmenden

Finesse-able quarterstaff is my eternal EFU desire and also the one that I've heard time and again is impossible, alas!