Author Topic: Speeches of Opulence  (Read 228 times)

KaedweniKnight

• View Profile
on: July 02, 2022, 10:53:30 PM
Goldegroat the Golden

How sad my father is?  That many shun his jolly ways! Merriment, Laughter, Commerce. A man is not made of whatever family he was born into, or what silly honor he finds as garnishment on the bridge... A man is only worth the merit he works to make himself, through commerce - truth. through joy - truth. These are my words of sermon, take the sacrament of opulence, embrace these ideals and be embraced by my father. Through your labors, you will find wealth, and wealth is the deciding factor of the merit of a man - through mutual trade will prosperity be restored to ninety-nine. It is commerce that will lift all sails, bring prosperity, and bring opulence once again. These streets could be gilded with gold...

There is no other way forward for prosperity, truth, and a tide that will make all safe, prosperous, and protected! It is only through mutual trade, commerce that we will find our salvation. THEREFORE! A central bank of opulence is hereby decreed within the Drydocks! BREADBLOODS you have one week to abandon your notions or I will hire the Valiants to restore trade and prosperity to ninety-nine with a truly gilded reward! Everyone must have a trusted place to BANK!

KaedweniKnight

• View Profile
on: July 07, 2022, 09:41:33 PM
Goldegroat the Golden

They preach of faith, bloodied-palms... and now in the pandemonium others preach for war, blood and chaos - this winter-crusade is virtuous but afterwards? They'd sooner turn the streets into a herd of deer than construct it with renewal! Whilst, a gnawing darkness creeps silently...

The surrogate solution is resolutely unembellished! -These Lords are now lurking within ivory towers behind iron-gates barred-shut -Retainers these bannered men of House are ready with rope, lash and steel they take their fill from the peasants that buckle at the swarthy weight of the Lord! It is SIMPLE! Renaissance! RENEWAL! Reconstruction! Through our mutually beneficial exchanges of men freely trading, and earning positions based on merit alone!  A great reconstruction, a great renaissance calls to the Ring of Ninety-Nine. Those must put away the old hatreds and step forth with an eager heart to restore the cultivation of this ring and it's many denizens! I am Goldegroat the Golden, Prophet of Phanax the Opulent.

We will begin this restoration of the highest of all orders in the darkest of corners in this ring, the Drydocks! It will become a glimmering city on the hill, an example of what could be, ruled by a Council chosen of the most-able! A grand ship to be built for many bountiful expeditions and trades! Heaping bounties returned with plentiful fruits and bounty!  Order restored, commerce restored! The fret of murder, theft or blood removed from the street like the plague it has been on ninety-nine! Step forth, and join this valiant crusade! Captain Solwyne Gildespyre commander of the Coined Few!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 09:34:43 PM by KaedweniKnight »

KaedweniKnight

• View Profile
on: July 10, 2022, 09:34:32 PM

Goldegroat the Golden

Hubris, and pride, Saint Moonspear. The peer's armed attack on the Vault was an act of war based on greed and your perfidious desires for hegemony and dominance over ninety-nine. Blaming countless deaths upon Ticker Refugees shows the charity of your character, you gave me your word - As well, and I'm curious if you still intend to keep that or break it. Dragon-fire burned my people to a cinder, and we are disparaged and vilified once again and again. All attempts at re-establishing the worshipful Guild of Merchants were thwarted with steeled violence.

Upon the lesser bridge in the moil, an earnest man lurks. A survivor of the Square, sweating away with the polishing of the boots. They fish, craft, and even now attempt to make enterprise. The swarthy weight of your Lord's buckling ever further on enterprises of free-market exchange. Free them!

-Free them, and allow them to practice crafts of commerce! Watch, and behold - your Vestry will be rebuilt from not ironed taxes, but by a lifting tide that restores and brings opulence to all. Embrace free-market exchange! Trade not blockade will bring prosperity to -all of the ninety-nine. End the violence.