Necromantic Themed Relics for the Bone Collectors guild

Started by Vlaid, September 24, 2022, 03:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlaid

Considering the nature of being a necromancer cleric it feels like there should be some various options of generic level 4 relics in the Bonecollector's guild hall. Merchant PCs are unlikely to keep or stock the relics for sale and farming moths as an antagonist to get a basic relic of your domain(s) is also a bit unreasonable. Something like death, evil, undeath and hatred for the options makes the most sense to me, maybe water as well since it may play into the themes.

As a side note...maybe it is time to just let PCs start with a generic level 4 relic and have the relic hunt be a hunt more for a more *specific* relic that may grant various powers or perks that are desirable. I think this would be a good compromise to make starting out on a cleric a little less tedious.

KaedweniKnight

I agree with Vlaid here. I spent the better part of a week on a daily Mothman grind to grab a max 4 for a common domain. This is also coming from a player that knows how to utilize the market of the server. The specific relics for more powers can remain unchanged, but starting with a max 4 relic with no powers on the broken relic seems like a reasonable change.

DirtyGoblin

Finding a proper relic is..... Grindsome.
It's just... Reptitive grindy quest-train shit, unless you want to try writing up an App, which feels odd as an 7 or Below, cleric.

Dredi

It would probably be less of an issue if there were simply more quests that dropped one. At the moment there is a scant few that do. They're..really kinda hard to find

Tala

We're aware the current setup is far from ideal and it will be addressed at some point.