Nuke The Peerage

Started by I love cats, September 27, 2022, 09:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love cats

At this point the associations are kinda failing the story the peerage ward is silly and occupied by friendly men  and some  joke houses being the only associations means all kinds of  unpeerage concepts join the houses more out of a desire to belong somewhere and get free resting and storage and less being in a house. What exactly is the difference between Glitt and Velstra right now? I can't really even tell. The removal of the banner/banner tourney has also made things dull. Now if you refuse to quest with non humans you're just a weirdo and will sacrifice XP, GP and loot.

I feel as though DMS at this point could drop a nuclear bomb on the peerage and it'd be an overall improvement to the story.   I don't even get the point of the peerage  or the houses right now. It seems like "Ticker Square with some houses." But even Ticker square was cooler the. the peerage right now. The main hub right now is pointless  and I would even argue without Ticker Square to balance it out what's even the point?  So yes a nuke on the peerage and the ward turned into some uncivilized wasteland of friendly campers trying to survive/squabble would be something.  I can't fix the peerage/friendly man heaven.

Rookie

I still think the peerage is cool.  Granted, I do think the quality of life for a retainer PC (on average) is less than available other EFU:C factions; which leads to some of the more desperate retainer concepts.  That said, all in all, when the peerage houses are fleshed out, EFU:C is at its best.

So roll retainers.

americanbernard

Peerage has changed and shifted drastically from what it once was several times. It has shifted towards a preference of general cooperation in the face of existential threats, and when most people play humans for the most part, it is not interesting to attempt to generate conflict around non-humans who don't exist (at least in the roster of characters currently being played). Right now, there's a lot of conflict between the Peerage and their outlying neighbors as you're fairly familiar. I think it is a reluctance to engage in cooperation that has alienated you from participating in wider conflicts (why invite the guy who stabbed you in the back to help you fight necromancers/changelings/recondites?) and thus made it, by your perception, very dull. Were I you, I would make an outlier. App for a goblin, an orc, a lizardfolk, or maybe go ahead and try to become a Bonecollector who acts very openly and rapidly. Hell, make a druid! They're in season it seems, despite losing their druidic circle...

Gordan

Quote from: I love cats on September 27, 2022, 09:50:48 PM
At this point the associations are kinda failing the story the peerage ward is silly and occupied by friendly men  and some  joke houses being the only associations means all kinds of  unpeerage concepts join the houses more out of a desire to belong somewhere and get free resting and storage and less being in a house. What exactly is the difference between Glitt and Velstra right now? I can't really even tell. The removal of the banner/banner tourney has also made things dull. Now if you refuse to quest with non humans you're just a weirdo and will sacrifice XP, GP and loot.

I feel as though DMS at this point could drop a nuclear bomb on the peerage and it'd be an overall improvement to the story.   I don't even get the point of the peerage  or the houses right now. It seems like "Ticker Square with some houses." But even Ticker square was cooler the. the peerage right now. The main hub right now is pointless  and I would even argue without Ticker Square to balance it out what's even the point?  So yes a nuke on the peerage and the ward turned into some uncivilized wasteland of friendly campers trying to survive/squabble would be something.  I can't fix the peerage/friendly man heaven.

Wait, i'm tryng follow here..

What you are saying without racism the peerage is dull?

I get why you think a nuked peerage would be cool and okey i get it, but say now is boring is not somethig i get .

You realyze there are more bonescollectors than retsiners at the moment and all higth level chars are against the ward rigth?

The ward is at war, is loosing the war, and majority of people do not want murder eachother as outside the ward doors there is only enemies lurking .

Not even with the knaves araund i was soo freaking scarried to play a ward-man that now, every time you leave for a whisper there are higth chance you get assaulted .

I truly do not get where this is coming from.

Is the friendly men heaven as you call it realy something soo bad?

Ramc

The Ward is, in my opinion, sort of suffering from not having a mature stable of leadership PCs in the houses and it never quite recovered from losing its brace of high level established Knights and etc. Some folks are working on that (Dan, for one) but of course but it necessarily isn't something you can fix overnight.

And there is the risk of hideous attrition along the way to get there. And once you make it you become a target. Outside the ward there are some mature and powerful (or at least very numerous for the bone collectors recently) antagonists that might seem like a very uphill climb for a fresh-rolled retainer if they don't feel that they have a lot of support for whatever reason. It isn't like you can or should force people to play what they don't want to play or isn't fun to them, though.

I'm not really sure how lightning-in-a-bottle the Luc/Aldstan-Kinsley-Manfred/Luciana-Adrian era was.

Draugir

Quote from: I love cats on September 27, 2022, 09:50:48 PM

Or well - there could be added a second hub that was less conservative than what the peerage was originally intended to be?... Kinda like what Ticker Square was... I guess the staff feels EFU can't support 2 hubs right now? But what we're going to get if there's not 2 hubs, is 1 hub that is kind of a mix of players wanting anything.

The peerage supported a specific kind of player, just as Ticker Square supported a specific kind of player. Now that ticker square is gone - where are you supposed to go if you don't want to play a racist human? The ponds? Sorry but that hub never managed to be anything real.

I know EFU is a hardcore place, but I doubt it would add much incentive for players to remove the only existing hub right now. Some players just want to log in and at least have a place where they feel like they won't be ganked immediately.

Legebril

Became stale, nuke the peerage make new hubs with new fractions etc.

zerotje

Just keep doing what you're doing now and don't give up. You have made friendlymen your IC enemy. This should give you everything you need to create an interesting conflict right now.

If I didn't already have a PC, I'd make a hyperracist to aid you. :)

Gordan

Quote from: Eraamion on October 01, 2022, 11:40:19 AM
This feels very much deja vu toward when people were calling to kill off Ticker square using pretty much the same arguments. A couple of knights- and duels-loving DMs obliged, not realizing it was not about the area but about the players who converged there. The same players then moved on to the Peerage. With less content and material to play with and without any external dynamics that the Peerage-Ticker setup provided, matters eventually grew monotonous and stale, and the new content was not sufficient and interactive enough to make up for the loss. This is likely one of the contributing factors behind some conflict-driving players becoming bored and/or leaving.

I 100% agree