Remove Peerage doorkeeper or make Peerage non-PvP

Started by Pandip, October 18, 2022, 06:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandip

I make this suggestion on every PC because this continues to be a nauseating issue with the way PvP works in Peerage.

I get that there is a desire for more parts of the server to be dangerous. I get that there is a desire for making sendings "less safe." But the current solution here is extremely gamey and annoying - so much so that brand new players are mimicking the behavior of ambushing PCs outside of the doorkeeper.

I have heard people say "but it's against the rules to attack someone before they're loaded in!"  Rules are broken. This is an unenforceable one. A FD is not going to be recalled because someone broke this rule.

I don't understand what the justification is for keeping this area immediately outside of Peerage  a PvP area. The boundary is constantly misinterpreted. There are transitions everywhere that people oftentimes exploit. There have been several times in recent memory where people will scamper into the Ward and be "on base" without a DM present.

This area is everything that feels wonky and bad about EFU PvP.

merrychase

Moving it inside the peerage might be a happy middle.

That is, the PVP rule boundary (a concept that may be necessary, though is not exactly natural) could remain where it is, since attacks by the doorkeeper's transition are not the only reason fights do occur in that area of the map. Though as you point out those occurrences because of the sendings are probably the most frequent and have a relatively high risk for generating rule violations/grievances/cheese.

And there's precedent for such an arrangement, e.g. Ticker had that, and the Drill to some extent has it, other doorkeeper in the rings have it.

Like you say, the issue isn't pvp free areas leading out to doorkeepers, or pvp not-free ones; both exist. Its a combination of it being frequently used and in an area where the distances make it prone to those sort of situations occurring where it can start but not finish because of the rules.

Doesn't address what I see as some of the less than ideal customs and practices around sendings, but that's probably a harder problem!

ADashofHope

Just lock the Peerage doorkeeper up forever and let 'em take it to the commons. Might make people think twice about whether they reaaaaallly need the last word in an argument, especially when their opponent isn't also in the exact same ward.

Much easier to jump someone in the commons than in the ten foot stretch from bridge to doorkeeper, so that should resolve that issue too.

Empress of Neon

I support the idea of making the doorkeepers move into the Ward. Maybe make an event out of it and have the one outside the Ward... meet an unfortunate accident...*Finger drums.*

;)

I love cats

In that area you originally needed a DM for PVP. I think either the doorkeeper should be moved inside or the area changed again. It's really silly that right now the followers of the count have a safer place to make whispers then the Peerage.

Vlaid

Doubt this will go anywhere (as it's been discussed all chapter with no change) but I would just remove the Peerage and Drill Doorkeepers if anything.  Maybe add a secondary one to 97 alleys somewhere to make it harder to sprint to a Doorkeeper to crush someone.

I love cats

After getting BO abducted by slay living when my own house was on gate duty I have to uplift this suggestion it once again reaffirm my position that the Peerage is useless as a hub and a nuke would improve it.

NightyNightSleepTight

Quote from: I love cats on November 19, 2022, 08:43:24 AM
After getting BO abducted by slay living when my own house was on gate duty I have to uplift this suggestion it once again reaffirm my position that the Peerage is useless as a hub and a nuke would improve it.

If anything this is an argument that the area beyond the gate and bridge should also require DM supervision for PvP.  Why make the area within it as bad as outside of it?