Nula Jenson [The Beggar in Shadow]

Started by Empress of Neon, October 21, 2022, 04:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empress of Neon

Nula Jenson is no more. Her secrets and suffering ending at a sword's edge, after one fateful night gone wrong.

Those who got to play with her will probably notice this was one of my much more grim pcs that I haven't really played in awhile. Honestly, she was something of an apology letter to the dms who tried to sell the grim-dark of this chapter but often ended up getting that vibe jaded by loonies (like most of my gals!) who made this feel more like a lol-memes-hilarity episode in EFU's history (at least from where I'm sitting...) than anything else. This one was for you folks (don't worry though, I'm going back to my usual brand of crazy after this until chapter 7).

I'll leave the decision of spoiling her story/motives to the few she really opened up to. But as for everyone else; from ye charitable alm-givers to ye meddlesome interlopers, thank you for making her descent into darkness as fun as it was.

P.S

Apples, Igor. Apples...  ;)

Zickery

Thank you for playing such a terrifying character! Nula was excellent. When I eventually realized who it was out of character doing everything that Nula did, I was shocked. Perhaps one of the most low-key frightening characters I've encountered on EFU. I hope you enjoyed Igor's mental breakdown over the apples as much as I did!

11/10 character.

I love cats

I liked Nula she was one of Ishmael's first converts. I enjoyed the covert meetings. Nula was really awesome her summoning shadows made me go panic mode. She was great and really scary. Her treachery pissed  my character off enough to do a ritual to incinerate her and publicly expose her as a shadow binder. Ishmael was also always panicking even screaming for her randomly and that ambush she did was stellar.

Diabl0658

I remember when I first met Nula, Valmoira and I were off in the Mongrelwoods doing changeling things. I hear alarms going off, and Val and I get ready for a fight. As we are hiding, waiting for what we assumed would be a party of Orzans entering the woods, this hunched over lady sneaks up behind Haggahwhisp, and reveals herself. We welcomed her into our group as one of our own, not knowing what she really was.

Also, we all fell in love with your rat familiar.

-UnholyWon-

Only got to meet her once with Little Leaf, and was a very interesting meeting. Probably 'the' that led to her death, LOL. j/k

I look forward to your next character.
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.

Gordan

Still cant believe she was  evil, she just needed a hug :-(

Nizzy

DirtyGoblin

I remember on Ludolf, her appearing. Ludolf assumed she was just a result of his fantastic luck. Getting prestige baubles in exchange for alms from the Beggar Ghost :O

americanbernard

I'm really late to seeing this. I apologize for that! I think Nula was one of my favorite PCs yet and I am really glad I got to enjoy her opening up to Ashley about all of the terrible things that have happened to her. She is one of the few people who could have inspired empathy in him, and she did so while also making me, the player, nearly cry. I am so glad you decided to play this PC. I can't wait to see the next!

Legebril

Caderousse

It's been really interesting seeing the range of characters that you play, and Nula was so very divergent from that. Kay only got a few snippets of who and what she was, and a tiny bit of her motivations after the fact. But she was mysterious and so much fun to have around.