😭 The long journey is at an end at last.... the death and life of Zla'azak😭

Started by mazzz, December 10, 2022, 01:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazzz

Wow, what a journey it's been. Three whole months! I never ever expected this to last that long. I thought I had the most fun in EFU playing with Doof in Glitt, or the Planar Prelude crew, with NND and the guys at Oldflowers, or even with Moonspear during Aldstan, but no. I think this is a story I will NEVER top in my life.

It all started one day when I hit Flagon up in Discord, and what a day it was. "Hey, how about we play Kobolds that have a god-complex, and share the same name?" And so Zla'azak Blue-Tongue and his twin brother Zla'azak Red-Tongue were both born from the ashes of many past failed ideas...

There's so many screenshots I can't sort through them all. The battle against the Nothing, the alliance with the Bonecollectors, the betrayal, the countless ambushes and retreats, and of course, who could forget, the Egg arc?

I'll sort through  them all eventually, and make an imgur compilation, but I have to check which ones are OK to send and which ones are not. There's a lot of spoilers and deep lore you can accidentally stumble on with characters as old as these, and I don't wanna accidentally ruin it for someone else by mistake.

That being said, I have a video I spent the last three weeks on, as it was building up to our deaths due to some IC circumstances (FOIG), so I made it in anticipation of that... but I hope you can all enjoy it as much as Flagon and I enjoyed the ride.

Deep thanks to the DMs Bearic, Skaghunter, Disillusionist, Vlaid, Canzah, and of course the rest of the DM team for this incredible, life-changing journey.
And of course, thanks to all the awesome players along the way. Thanks to Niloufar Nephezar, Zahad, Tom "Wrecker" Brannigan, Zachary Reacher, Gil Stones, Drask Sole Survivor of the Ironbuckles, and of course, John Kester.

THE VIDEO OBIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QyV9R2V7Iw

Some Screenshots:
[hide]
The gang assembled!!!! =DD

Meeting a powerful mentor... :OO

A dangerous journey... my brother captured?!

Deep in the cold of winter!!! DD:

Second time I ever hit 10 and first on a caster!!! :D

Did a little bit of ringrunning :P[/hide]

LOOT!!!:
[hide]

One of the coolest quests I've ever done to earn a cloak. Came with a big blue banner too on my PC! Thanks Bearic!

Can't believe I got this... if you know, you know. ;)

My mentor!!!! T_T ;((( RIP, was a cool ass quest, and my first ever mage-staff![/hide]

Loops

Wow what a run. I treasured every time I interacted with you two. Some of the best and most classy villains on cor to date. Really reping it for then monster pcs. You've given me the inspiration to try it one day.

Really though I do mean it: cool PC gl with your next.

Scitus

It's really sad to see them go. Very subtle characters that had a lot more depth than the usual burner kobold. An exploration of what such a transient character can really accomplish. I won't forget that encounter in the tombs. As always good luck on the next.

KaedweniKnight

awesome characters cant believe they lasted that long, like crazy long love them xoxo

Flagon

Honestly I never expected to get this involved with the metaplot. Absolutely blown away.

Ramc

The work your did for your Grey Keep challenge moved me to tears in real life. Pouring one out for a real one.

Diabl0658

I'm very grateful you spared my PC's life, twice! Such a classy and yet terrifying villain.

Father Time

I don't often write on peoples Obits, but these two PCs really had a huge impact on the server. Every interaction was absolute gold and I'm glad to have taken part in their story.

Good luck on your next, pal.

Juglar

Bravo, well fucking done. People think we're being silly for taking roleplay so seriously on this server, but then characters like these sprout up once every chapter to put all those naysayers to silence. I laughed, I cried, I cried again. If Cervantes were alive and playing on this server, Quixote would have been ganked by these absolute legends.

Zickery

EFU won't be the same without them. It's the end of an era. This might as well not be V5 any longer  :'(

Thank you for telling such wonderful stories with all of us, can't wait to meet your next characters.

Bearic

Scumlord Spiffy