Lalena Steele Epilogue (retired)

Started by Lalena Steele, January 02, 2023, 06:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lalena Steele

Lalena Steele began life in the rings as an awoken with no memory of where she came from or her life before, only a desire for knowledge.
[hide][/hide]
  In order to gain this knowledge she knew she would need aide and sought an apprenticeship, and was soon taken into one by Fabian Winespill and brought into House Velstra.   In the house she gained many friends and grew her magic, fought in two wars under the house's banner, and even tried to lead the house for a time.
[hide=Hanging with the Velstrans]

[/hide]
From the beginning though it became clear that she was a woman of divided loyalty often feeling pulled between her love and loyalty to her house and housemates and her friends outside the house. More often than not her friends won out, and she spent much of her early days in Velstra avoiding responsibility and house meetings in favor of goofing around with friends, more often than not with fellow awokens Diethard Cholers, who was banned from the vale, and Mebril Keteel.  Lalena and Diethard eventually started a courtship that would evolved into a engagement that would lead to her requesting a release from Velstra to join her closest friends in House Blackhearth. 

[hide=Lalena and Diet]

[/hide]
Lalena did a lot, a lot more than I ever expected from a first PC. She was part of four different ringrunning crews, the velstrans, the foragers, the band of the broken groat, and blackhearth, starting back when 88 was the first ring to solve and getting all the way to Ba'zeel eventually.  She competed in the kings tournament, finding a natural talent (due to my ineptitude at clicking red at the time) for jousting. She was part of more groups than can be listed both as I can't remember them all and spoilers. Some I can list include the two houses, and she was Runekeeper for the Skratti for the time, after following the religion loosely for most of her existence in the rings.
[hide=some adventures]

[/hide]

The most important thing and the reason I kept her around for ten months despite all the road bumps, and changes for her, was the friends. Lalena was rich in friends thoughout her life. Friends that inspired her, protected her, and even sometimes told her when she was being an idiot. Eventually though all the trauma's she'd been through-- being kidnapped three times in her life, losing a part of soul, losing countless friends, and just constant violence witnessed defenseless to stop it-- took a toll on her (and my) soul, and so it became time to retire her.  I imagine now that she has reached Ba'zeel she is likely working with Fabian to finish her magical studies or has gone to find wherever Diet lingers in the rings to spend time with him, possibly running through the rings between the two forever divided by her desire to gain more knowledge and to be with her beloved.  Thank you to everyone who helped to make my first PC a good one. Special shout outs to Ramc and Moth for being her partners in crime and just about everything else,  Karpie and Ecthelidel for taking Lalena under their wings at first and showing me the ropes, and to Diablo of course for introducing me to this strange world. 

[hide=Time with Friends]

[/hide]

[hide=Random Silliness]

[/hide]

SergeantWombat

I don't think I realized until months and months in (and subsequently ended up forgetting...) that this was your first PC - awesome job. I'm glad you've found EfU.

It was a lot of fun playing with you, from the ancient early days before House Blackhearth had even reared its head, to the legacy of Velstran diplomacy left behind by Adrian and attempts at vassalization, to the fallout of Diethard's disappearance and Isaiah's death and how those things changed Bristol & Lena's relationship, to the intrepid trekking across the Rings and finally reaching Baz'eel together.

Bristol may have been a bit of a bully, but I always enjoyed when Lalena was around; she was a consummate butterfly, always subtly evolving from one traumatic experience to the next.  I look forward to your future characters!

Thanks for being a part of Bristol's & Blackhearth's story and for letting us be part of yours.

[hide=A few little moments for the road:]

Fording the River:

The Voice of Reason:

A Rare Moment:

On the Run:

[/hide]

o7

-UnholyWon-

Wow, I don't remember being told this was your first character, but damn it was a good one! Loved my interaction with Lalena and Luna. Everything you did with Lalena was incredible, and created a rich character out of several amazing conflicts.

I look forward to interacting with whatever new character you create in the future.

Cheers!
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.

Legebril

Amazing first run on EFU! I remember her first grown up kwesting in old Ghyls with Adhira a while back and then Lalena becomes seasoned retainer guiding and managing stuff... Good job and good luck on your next toon:)

Runic

Lalena was such a great PC. From apprentice to wizard in her own right. There may have been many ups and downs, but she was truly a diamond in the rough.
Farewell Bookworm <3

Ramc

Lalena was a real one and the organic way in which Lalena, Deithard and Mebril- three awoken being played by first time players, was very fun to see and be a part of.  The transition from acquaintance to friend to political ally to, eventually, a member of Mebril's own nascent house and ultimately practically family was seamless over the months. Bonded, primarily, by the trauma of the place, it did feel like Lalena was in many ways defined by the things she lost but- defiantly- rose above.  Kidnapping by the Martyrs, getting betrayed by Velstran quislings like, at least twice, all the dead friends, but still soldiering on and achieving and getting me roped into collecting a million pounds of deer meat.

Lalena survived a whole lot and not by being some sort of unstoppable powerhouse collecting scalps (though the 'lets give lalena a gun' strategy worked incredibly well when we finally executed it) but on the strength and durability of her friendships and the extremely mysterious ways people who would dare the threaten a hair on her head would die. I am bad about posting screenshots simply because there are so many, but hopefully I will remember to go hunting for some good ones later. Thanks for playing with us :)

Don Nadie

Lalena was a great first PC. It was so fun to roleplay together, with you and all the rest. I still remember her early days, when Isaiah would be in a constant heart attack trying to ensure she remained alive. Our little magic experiments and lessons, the endless adventures, the "let's make friends with terrbly unsuitable people"... I really enjoyed it all, and am glad that Lalena joined Eli in the "chill in Baz'eel" camp.

I do wish I could've seen first hand the "Lalena with a gun" moment, because it does sound like the glorious pinnacle of her journey XD

Let's have as much fun with the next one, shall we? :D

Empress of Neon

She was always a delight to interact and an excellent first PC. A+ :)

Gordan

I was genualy envy of her, and i'm still are, sorry if i acted like a asshole both IC and OOC...you deserved better

The Old Hack

Lalena was a wonderful character and Imogen liked and respected her. More than once she backed down from a confrontation out of respect for Lalena wishing to solve a problem diplomatically. Lalena was always good company and I enjoyed all my interactions with her.

Caderousse

Being friends with Lalena was great fun (and also full of tremendous heartache for the trials we shared). Brack valued her greatly and she became his saving grace in the end. His confidant when he felt he couldn't turn to anyone else. I felt really lucky to have had such good rp with you/Lalena over the past several months and am really glad you finally got to see Baz'eel!

The Tehoto trip was such fun.
[hide][SilentMoth] Diethard Cholers: [Talk] Speaking of which.
[woothlesstolverine] Tom Mayborne: [Talk] Bracken!
[Caderousse] Bracken Hart: [Talk] "Gambling, are we?"
[woothlesstolverine] Tom Mayborne: [Talk] *She beams wide*
[SilentMoth] Diethard Cholers: [Talk] No, was giving coin to a storyteller who didn't pick it up.
[woothlesstolverine] Tom Mayborne: [Talk] We were waiting for you.  Lalena and I want to take everyone to Tehoto for some relaxation.
[94sHippie] Lalena Steele: [Talk] Hello Brack
[woothlesstolverine] Tom Mayborne: [Talk] And, if there's time, maybe deal with some kobolds for the locals.
[SilentMoth] Diethard Cholers: [Talk] [He shifts over, then slides an arm around Bracken's shoulder.]
[Caderousse] Bracken Hart: [Talk] He gives her a subdued but happy smile. "The four of us? That sounds lovely."
[Caderousse] Bracken Hart: [Talk] He raises a brow at Diethard.
[SilentMoth] Diethard Cholers: [Whisper]  They're planning something. I know not what.
[94sHippie] Lalena Steele: [Talk] [whispers and giggles giving a grin to Diet]
[SilentMoth] Diethard Cholers: [Whisper]  See?
[Caderousse] Bracken Hart: [Talk] His brows rise high at something muttered, then his lips split in a sly grin.
[woothlesstolverine] Tom Mayborne: [Talk] *She giggles, glancing at the boys with a mischievous grin*
[Caderousse] Bracken Hart: [Whisper]  "Two can play at that game. Say we give them a run for their groat?"
[SilentMoth] Diethard Cholers: [Whisper]  That's what I like to hear.
[SilentMoth] Diethard Cholers: [Talk] [He nods, then pats the man's shoulder.] M'ready when you two are. [/hide]

And fighting off the constant, soul-crushing despair that is EFU.
[hide]

[/hide]