Unsummon Conjurations when transitioning if they are not near you

Started by One_With_Nature, January 11, 2023, 02:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One_With_Nature

As title suggests, I think something similar happens with AE'd animals, if your conjurations are not within a certain range of you when you transition then they get unsummoned. This prevents what seems pretty common in PvP a summoner runs away while you are blocked/fighting summons and then if you pursue you transition into a hundred summons that were half way across the map from the summoner.

Astegard

I feel they might just start using /c recall then. (thought dont think its works in combat so more limited.

I have seen it used as well yes where summons (especially undead) are told to " stay in place "
While the summoner invis runs through a zone so their summons are not detected but they dont have to invis them.

its a tough one to implement.

Random_White_Guy

I think the counter to this could be (and I know it'd be annoying workload) I think EFU's conjury system should be changed from Armies to Pets, similar to some of the other perks out there.

People love to transition around with sudden ambushes of entire ARMIES of zombies, or summons, or etc as mentioned.

A fix to that could be If you look at Palemaster as the baseline you can get 2-3 awesome ghouls. I'd love to see Conjuration work in a similar way where you get a Theme and each theme has a pet or two you can select.

Then as you use your actual Conjuration spells they add differing buffs, a littlle bit like Bloodcraft but think of it as an after-edit instead  of a creation edit.

Conj 1 makes your pet do X
Conj 1 extended makes them do it longer
Conj 3 makes them even more powered
Conj V makes them juiced.

While those spells active your conjuration becomes a nightmare, otherwise it's just a henchman/flavorful pet a step up from a familiar.

Could break it down to like Attack boost, Defend Boost, special elemental boost, etc so facing a Circle V Conjurer means their pet is a -terror- who has to be addressed.

As opposed to "This guy just spawned 11 summons and used a magic fang trinket the TIDE has TURNED".

I think the meta has always been kind of quantity over quality, but I'd be interested to see that pivot in some way, shape, or form for other classes.

I vividly remember early COR people were using Summon Swarm to draw up so many low level light summons and spiders and etc that it was actually lagging the server lol.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips