Linden Blanque - The Blanque Slate

Started by Runic, February 02, 2023, 03:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runic

Well shit me. What an emotional rollercoaster.

When I made Linden Blanque, aka Jeremiah Goldboots 'Merchant of Fine Wares', aka Lancel du Fromage 'Squire of Gwyddian d'Elmar', aka Percival Rawley 'Legal Clerk for the Law House of Bingham and Cha-Cha', aka Lord Erstwhile Curdle 'Lord of the ignoble House Curdle', aka Old Randall 'Oldest Man in the Steadings', I never expected him to really be much of a character. In truth, I'd just never done merchanting before and just thought I'd make a stupid bluff rogue with no points in appraise to test out the merchanting system. Little did I know how quickly I'd fall in love with the little cretin.

Honestly, if I were to name everyone who made Boots' time special, I'd be listing half the server, but special thanks go to:
Karpie (aka Papa Cesar) - Who took in Boots and established the Valiants. Shoutout to all the other Valiants, Maddie, Maggie Moil, Hook (also Karpie), Harry, Declan, and all the others.
Huruh (aka Milo Caffrey) - Boots' boss who I'd always say his spymaster wage came from.
Special (aka Feirwalt) - Boots' best friend from the Valiants, and his one true confidant.
SN (aka Jeremiah Ashford & then later Emily Merryweather) - Both had special bonds with Boots, but Boots would have literally killed to protect Emily (and very nearly did).
Don Nadie (aka Isaiah ibn Hazr) - My merchant teacher, who taught me the ways of merchanting.
Ramc, Spooples, Merrychase, and Supernifty (aka Mebril, Calliope, Rin, & Dela) - Boots' deep ring running group, my we had some crazy adventures.

So, some backstory for 'Jeremiah Goldboots', last of the Valiants, last of the Wayfarers, and last of the Black Lies.
Linden Blanque believed himself a vessel for the Imitation Goddess. He'd often just have conversations with himself where she'd talk back to him. Whether it was true, or just a lie he told himself, was always the question posed. Only four people ever learned that Linden Blanque was his true name, but there may be a confession out there for the intrepid explorer.
He'd wanted to sail from Baz'eel to 97, to take the orphans from the orphanage and bring them to Baz'eel to start a new cult of the Imitation Goddess, but it never really took off.

I honestly have too many screenshots of Boots, and while I'd love to post a lot of them. I'm just going to post one. One that I think encapsulates this little liar. His boots were, in fact, not gold. Just a lucky treasure hunter find.

And of course, wouldn't be proper of a spymaster to not reveal some of his disguises.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to anyone who interacted with Boots. Each time was a blessing.
See you in the next life, whatever form that takes.

Don Nadie

Loved spending time with him <3 Even if I will NEVER manage not to call PCs by whatever floats above them. Who WAS the mysterious mister Linden Isaiah kept mentioning? We'll never know!

SN

-UnholyWon-

Such a wonderful character! I thoroughly enojyed the several times I got to RP with Boots as Luna tried to lure him into some projects here and there. Great Stuff!
Discord - Howlando: UnholyWon, an Elder Thing that has crawled from the depths of Chapter 1, many a nature-pc and adventurer played in the past... a rare sighting IG in recent chapters, but perhaps less rare than we realize. Beware his professional insight into the minds of the mentally disturbed.

Caderousse

Whether or not the little liar actually was, Boots always seemed like a ray of sunshine in the cold and dreary landscape that is the City of Rings. I enjoyed my interactions with him and am sad to see him go. Great character. He'll be missed!

merrychase

Ramc

Boots T_T...

Glad you got to come with us. His journey through the rings in one group after the next was some peak social rogue wrangling. And his drawings were some of the best Grey Keep work I received.

Lalena Steele

Had some fun times with boots. Was cool to see some of his different personas.