Require Ranks in Appraise to Open a Stall

Started by cmenden, January 23, 2023, 02:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmenden

Not a lot of ranks, maybe just 1 (like a skill that requires training) or 2 (to rep the max investment on a cross-class pc)

Pandip

Stalls are an OOC convenience. What stops someone from posting their wares on the forums and in Discord or just shouting about them or just dropping them on the ground?

Merchant roleplay is awful and largely OOC but it's always felt like a necessary evil that we put up with.

cmenden

QuoteMerchant roleplay is awful

:heartbreak-emoji:

Father Time

I think this is a cool idea. Maybe make opening a stall far more expensive or something without some ranks in appraise.

Vlaid

This will *probably* never happen in EFU....as I fought for this idea in the past to no avail.

But maybe something like not having appropriate skill ranks or particular feats/perks results in not getting a rumor stall shout about opening your stall, making the cost of opening the stall higher and/or making the amount of time each claim lasts shorter.

I suppose it's better to just make the benefit of opening stalls less efficient for those not invested in it than to shut them out completely.

Maybe if your appraise is a certain level you get some kind of town provided bodyguard henchmen under your control for as long as your stall claim lasts that is stronger the higher your appraise is.

Walrus Warwagon

I assume that positive reinforcement would be a batter incentive here than negative.

Instead of limiting existing system based on appraisal ranks, why not take it as bare bones and build benefits for appraisal ranks on top of it?

Like storage being unlocked and scaling with amount of ranks. And banking system where account limit also scales with appraise, just so merchant could have a minimal fall-back fund in case of robbery. 

Maybe in some building dedicated to merchants, where you could get membership. But not as exclusive as Ticker's guild. Something easy, automated - if you have ranks then you can pay the humble fee and get access to storage cells and clerk. And maybe other features.

Limiting existing staff only takes away satisfaction of using the systems.