[A Letter to Apothar Obam Zarik, at Eagle's Mount] [DM]

Started by WriterX, February 16, 2023, 01:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WriterX

To the Dilligent Apothar Obam Zarik,

I have pondered the topics that could be touched during the debate, though I shall admit I lack the extent of knowledge that perhaps should be permitted for me to ask or offer such topics for the debate. Still if you find them acceptable to address I would be honored to both witness the discussion following them and hopefully partake in them myself.

Firstly, "Were the Stars and the Celestial Disc created by the Gods, as a way to speak to us, to guide, to aid us, or do they pre-date the gods? What of other ancient or lost faiths that may claim domain over the stars and the Moon?"

Secondly, "Does the Sun have its own Stars that we simply cannot see?"

Thirdly, "Are there bodies in the night sky that can lie and deceive us?"

Do forgive, as these may not be the best topics, but I feel that the themes they touch upon could grant us some thought, or perhaps, happily, be dispelled by those who have already found the answers to them.

Either way, I look forward to attending the Debate, as a spectator, or active participant.

Magi's wisdom to you.

Scholar Marcellus Saenus

Halfbrood

Scholar Marcellus,

You have some interesting thoughts! An astute mind, certainly, and one perhaps worthy of apprenticeship, as one of my very own flock. We shall see!

Reviewing your debate questions, I believe I have a preference!

"Were the Stars and the Celestial Disc created by the Gods, as a way to speak to us, to guide, to aid us, or do they pre-date the gods?"

This one, or at least, this part of it! I think some lively debate might be had about it, don't you think?

I shall confer with my colleagues, and review other submissions.

- Apothar Obam Zarik