Faction Accounts

Started by Stranger, February 28, 2023, 06:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranger

Are you able to make current financial reserves for each faction viewable in their quartermaster area, either by speaking with the NPC or interacting with a special book placeable?

I think this will help motivate faction members to keep their reserves high, to be mindful who and how much they recruit, and otherwise engage with the political struggle for resources. This will be especially true if there is an in-game description explaining that faction wages come from this finite reserve. Additionally, I believe that the Astronomers should have a deposit for academic donations and private grants, that is to say, a direct line to bring contributions back to the faction war chest.

Any further analysis on recent expenditures, such as wages, research, equipment, etc, would also be interesting to note. But that might be too much trouble to implement, and possibly not worth the time investment.

It might also be interesting for there to be lists of prospective funding goals that further faction interests (e.g. long-term, non-urgent plot investments) if there's enough money to spend on such things. Off-map outposts. Distant expeditions. Debt payments. Building repairs. Reinforcements from Baz'eel. More scouting parties for the Chalice. Redundant mechanisms for the Shade. Et cetera.

Stranger

The Cinquefoil Rose could have a public "tips" deposit watched over by the scowling Jodfry.

Random_White_Guy

For app PCs/sergeants/etc, I don't see why not if they want to pop the lid and see how the car is steering.

For scrubs and new recruits though, heck no.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips