Itaja Sijapuros, Hierophant of the Well

Started by Minoan Vilekin, March 27, 2023, 12:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minoan Vilekin

Itaja was a slave-hoplite in the legions of Kha'esh when the Ringfall happened.  His mother was an Orentid prostitute who gave him up for want of bread and coin long ago, but he always styled himself as one of that people.  He was first a devotee of Agaslakku, before ten years of pointless war broke him and he finally fled - sick of bleeding and dying for careless tyrants.

He originally styled himself as the master of the Creep, defending and patroning the outcasts who called the place home.  He had designs on the city, to begin a populist uprising, but it fell apart when one of his flock was murdered.  He slew the killer and fled into exile, and thenceforth planned only dark things for the Well and its people. 

He was the author of a bible of blasphemy:

[hide]https://www.efupw.com/forums/index.php?topic=706595.0[/hide]

He converted many, many people to the Cult of the Wyrm.  I'll let you figure out who.    :-X

He fooled a lot of people! Big ups to Lurgan and Kypros for being very entertaining means to an end!

He hated the Maribid and Baz'eel:

[hide][/hide]

He believed the Wyrm to be a God of the defeated, the broken, and the vengeful.  A God that would upend those in authority, and "turn" the Wheel so that sinners were saints, and the wicked righteous.  The Wyrm was not an evil, wanton deity to Itaja - it was a purposeful patron of societies outcast and bereaved. 

[hide][/hide]

And as it empowered him to take his revenge, he served happily. 

[hide][/hide]

There had been a Queen among the Orentid once, and she had been butchered by the people of Ephia's Well.  He would avenge her. 

[hide]
[/hide]
He found that the position of speaker for the Wyrm brought him much power, wealth, and many allies.  Some you would expect, and others not.

[hide][/hide]

He smoked Qalyan, when he was able.  And drank.  And drank.  The murders and the sacrifices were not things Itaja loved, and they drove him to abuse substances that might help him forget.

[hide][/hide]

He had many allies... some he lost...

[hide][/hide]

And some who escaped to vex the world again someday!

[hide][/hide]

I have many, many other screenshots that I need to comb through.  I will try to post some more, as long as they are not major spoilers! I want to thank all the players who made his journey perilous or less so, and the EFU DM Team for enabling us to pull off the Big One.  Good luck to everyone who survived... my understanding is that you will all need it!

Moonlighter

Thaldrac

My few interactions with Itaja were memorable, and I enjoyed every one of them! Thanks for letting me 'worm' my way into your cult!

Don Nadie

Never saw him in person, and still knew him by reputation. Excellent work!

Random_White_Guy

Can a brother get a Live and Ai-Yat

Our shady antics were great pre-cult reveal, definitely threw some hilarious curveballs. In another timeline we did the Trial of Scarbork hahahah.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Empress of Neon

Superb pc. Another tragic story of cruelty/injustice begetting more cruelty/injustice, and a rather powerful foundation (both the cult and the event) for future characters to consider and develop off on.

Far as I'm concerned, our most successful villain pc in the story-so-far. A+!

P.S Best mass-execution ever. We need that sh*t depicted in Mermaid's Tale!

VeggieTales

Badass. It was a fun dynamic while you were still in the Well. Even without having face to face contact anymore after your exile I felt Itaja's influence through the rumors and the aftermath of his actions.