Prominent Figure Profile: Sol Auk

Started by Aethereal, May 03, 2023, 04:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aethereal

Quote from: Prominent Figure Profile: Sol Auk
Sol Auk
Title: Legate

One of the stonefolk originally from the Kulkund Tablet, Sol Auk was drawn to Ephia's Well through the tales that reached his people speaking of it as a place of great growth. Through deeply immersing himself in the culture and community of the Well, he rose to promimence as an entrepreneur renown for his Gilded Groknak and water selling enterprise, proceeding swiftly into other ventures with his sights set upon creating relations between Ephia's Well and the rest of the Great Ash Desert. Entering the realm of politics, Sol Auk managed the remarkable accomplishment of gaining a Voice through convincing others of his worth, and through their charity raising the required sum. Though courting each of the political leagues - Gold, Purple, & White - he would settle upon the former, finding a personal sponsor in the form of the late-Legate John Syter, rising up as a Senior Magistrate. Even before arising to the post of Magistrate, Sol Auk received invitation from the Princess Shaimela to an exlusive tour of her airship. Only to later receive invitation from the Crown Princess herself to attend discourse on matters stately and profound. Now, with all accolades in tow, serving as Legate of Ephia's Well, he lends his wisdom to the judicious works of the Well and offers his expertise to any who would seek accomplishment through labour, just as he has.

Royal Invitations
"As I now dwell in Residence above I look forward to speaking on more pleasantries soon, not tonight, but soon."  - Crown Princess Faziima to Sol Auk from atop the Overlook of the Palatial Pyramid.

"You're a man after my own Heart, Sol Auk! Goodness. I shall have to take you aboard my boat one of these days." - Princess Shaimela to Sol Auk at the Palette Games Tournament.

Full Disclosure Statement: No charity was received for Legate Sol Auk's entry into the Prominent Figure Record and this entry has been fully compiled and arranged by the Scribes of the Sublime Garden with the exception of the quotations and mention of the Princesses' invitations which were advised and provided by the Legate himself.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

AsheandCinders

AMMENDMENTS
Title:Ex-Legate

After a long and storied reign as Legate. Sol Auk abdicated his throne in the middle of a crisis, fleeing to Qadira. He has not been heard from since.

Sol Auk returned to the Well on the Final day of Kanön Hray, claiming to have remade his fortunes smuggling refugees from the Banafsi Civil War to Qadira. After running a high stakes dice game with many influential and wealthy figures of the well he settled once more into the guise of Legitimate Business. Establishing the trade group known as "The Consortium" along side fellow Gold League members Ariel Hysair, Priestess of the Warrior, and Maracielo de Rancini, an Established trader, Auk and his new allies began to assert significant influence over the Mercantile sphere of the Well. Going so far as to offer to fund the creation of a new district of his own Profits, Sol Auk's second rise seemed as meteoric as his first, but internal disputes within the Consortium saw the two other founding members voting him out of the Organization, with the infamous stonefolk seeming to depart the Well once more within the following weeks. He has once again not been seen since.