Level 6 Quests: A little more supplies in the quests other than undead gutters

Started by Vlaid, June 01, 2023, 06:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlaid

The supplies overall aren't bad in the max 6 quests, but it seems like as a melee person you get like 90% of your potions from this single quest and almost nothing from the other max 6 quests. Doesn't last very long I know but as time goes on and fewer people are in the 5-6 range at any single time and you may not have the means to open the gate to get to that quest it can not feel great.

VanillaPudding

They are also randomly scattered and forcing you to run around areas that some higher level groups fear. I'd think that condensing them in towards the Well would be nice.

Either way, I agree that they are not very well tuned excluding the Ghuul one, and they could use a little love in terms of providing that bump towards the more difficult board quests as there feels to be a rather difficult transition in content at this point.

Karwelas

As V4 starting person I remember that starting Sanctuary quests had somewhat wider spread of loot less relevant on search skill itself (but I may be wrong, as it was awhile), but I do remember they prepared slightly more for the other quests, that forced you to go outside. V6 offer mostly gold and XP (with very small rates of death XP making it basically slap on the wrist) but I often saw and heard that people felt under-geared and unprepared for going outside the Well for by lvl 6 quests - especially if they are not class with their own buffs.

The general loot table of these lowbie quests seem to be rather small compared to what you could grab in earlier editions, from my memory, but that isn't that bad.

Edit: As Vlaid said, while after the essential 7 lvl stuff you can find yourself not a bad things, the problem may be number of low lever characters being stuck with only starting quests and their supplies and harsh reality of low lvl hours.
Current character: Ealdred Emberheart, the burned hin.