Guildmaster Gers

Started by Random_White_Guy, July 02, 2023, 06:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Guildmaster Gers,

It was a curious thing to see your Guild's meeting in action. Though it is also quick to see why you find yourself enjoying with aplomb the combat of many forces from many sides. You say it is a weakness of stomach to stay shy of politics, and on that matter I would cordially disagree. Politics is the aftermath, it is reactionary, and it is the solving of problem. As one who serves in Military company it is our charge to be Proactive. Though some of the Balestriere adopt the more conservative stance there are those who are more open and sincerely focused upon their desire for glory and improvement.

The nature of a company is it takes many sides to find purpose. A properly outfitted company of unites, discipline, hierarchy. I confess I enjoyed seeing during the meeting a similar display. Yomar and Wajeeb sitting parallel one another reminded me sincerely of Gianluca and Kragg. Zhuri holds some promise and having worked with her in the past I can say she is not without fair chance as Alchemist if you can hone some of her more errant and fleeting tendency.

While I will not be joining your guild, I would say that I do respect the work you have undertaken. To build something, from nil, is a testament.

I would inquire, if you would indulge me, a further pursuit of correspondence or meeting on a more routine basis.
For all your acerbic nature, even by Wizard standard, you've a shrewd and creative countenance.
And by Wizard standard that is saying something.

Absent meeting though if you would prefer correspond I would inquire firstly -

What was your tutelage like, did you find your way or had you a Master?

O
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

Diabl0658

Recluta Otisopse,

Politics is indeed reactionary, but it can be proactive too. Predicting the moves your opponents might take and setting yourself in a favorable position ahead of time is a winning move on both the battlefield and the political arena. Weak stomachs ought to avoid both, as in both politics and war one will tend to encounter the same thing: adversity and the possibility of defeat.

As for the question of my master, he was indeed that, a master over me. Something I found that ill suited me. I am a man who excels when he has no master, when he instead is his own master. I left when I had a firm enough grasp of his teachings to set out on my own, practiced my own pursuits, despite the restricrions of his teachings.

He was an illusionist, the type of person who far too often (though not universally) fears adversity. Avoiding and hiding from problems instead of seeking lasting solutions, a popular strategy among wizards im afraid to say. Still, one cannot argue with the utility of his ways. Theres a reason the illusionist is so common among us wizard.

I am myself an illusionist, by his teachings. Any wizards I would train from the uneducated would similarly be illusionists, for it is what I fundamentally know, despite what most of see as my specialty. To truly become otherwise would mean to start over again from nothing, a luxury I simply cannot afford at this point.

And what of you? Why would a wizard become a soldier, when they can be so much more?

Signed,
Guildmaster Gers Geiger

Random_White_Guy

Guildmaster Gers,

I have weighed your question for a time, and I suppose the root of the matter is I was a Soldier before I was a Wizard. As Cadet I showed a degree of prowess in book-keeping, which lead to our vessel's Quartermaster taking an interest in a proper education for me. Where others enjoyed shore leave, I visited exotic local to learn of the craft of Magic. While others whore and revelry, I tome and study. Ultimately it would be a fair experience to see my life altered inexorably. As in Il Modo, unlike Ephia, one cannot simply purchase status or rise with something as paltry as 5,000 dinar. To find place amongst Naval Intelligence, before place among a House would have been my aim if I remained. Serving as a House Wizard a most noble aspiration and in many ways akin to your Guild - only difference is instead of Legate served it would be the likes of fair Mezzizeni.

While Mercenaries are common place in Il Modo shifting from militaristic life to such has been a degree of challenge. There are times where discipline a second thought to many of the Krak de Rose. The Students, the Priory, even at fairer times La Banda. The sights, the sounds, the feeling of home though is something I can find nowhere else among such Barbarism in this desolate wasteland of culture and ash. To hear so many of Ephia who have never engaged in war, actual war, tout it so broadly remains something of a mystery to me.

I too of the Illusory craft, but as so much of Il Modo's magic is rooted in Fog, in Foam, in the Seas. These things absent in the Desert. So my works have taken more towards Cursework. I have found there is a rarity of such a craft among Ephian practicioners and a fair many have taken to enjoy seeing such employed in the field.

What made you decide to pursue a Guild, over simply saving your fortunes for independent wealth? You surely had no need or requirement to branch yourself so wide - if your aim was to be mastered by none, making your fortunes in your varied creations?

O.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips